In Gatlinburg TN
summer is almost in full swing. With summer temperature in downtown Gatlinburg reaching almost 80 degrees and kids being fresh out of school, Gatlinburg is off to a fast start for competing against the beach for being the hottest vacation spot around the southeast.
Gatlinburg cabins are not in shorts supply, however, if you have not already booked a cabin for the summer rush then you might be in a little trouble. Although it might seem strange, summer time in Gatlinburg is more popular than fall and winter. I would have to disagree on the confusion. There are a lot of things to do during the winter time, but the summer's in Gatlinburg TN
are filled with much a lot of activities and attractions. Summer attractions are listed:
- Putt Putt Golf - There are several places to play putt putt including Hillbilly Golf.
- Gatlinburg Craftsman Fair - Starting in July, artists from all over the southeast come to show off their great work and skills. It costs adults $5.00 and children 12 and under are free.
- White Water Rafting - With the Little Pigeon River running through Gatlinburg TN, there are several places roughly less than 1 hour from downtown Gatlinburg.
- Ober Gatlinburg - Not skiing in the summer. Thats right...Ober Gatlinburg has an Amusement. Not only does this place have a fantastic view, it has an alpine slide, miniature golf, and water rides.
- July 4th Fireworks show - One of the best around. Get there early and expect to stay late.
Listed above are only a few things that someone might be able to do in Gatlinburg. Probably one of the biggest attractions is the Great Smoky Mountains. During the summer everything is green and the views are spectacular. With over 800 miles of hiking trails, I am pretty sure that you will struggle to hike all those trails during summer.
Hopefully everyone has booked their cabin, but if you have not please feel free to contact us and look at one of our Gatlinburg cabins
. We have plenty of cabins located on our site and plenty of articles to browse through. Please call us at 1.800.684.7865 to rent a cabin or to ask a question.