Advice About Damage Fees
In short, damage fees cover the cost of items broken during a renter's stay. In an ideal world, business would love to cover costs regarding damages, but it hardly ever happens. Damage fees can occur for several different reasons. Normal things include broken lamps, hot tubs, beds, TV's, or excessive trash.
On a more positive note, the overwhelming majority of visitors have no issues relating to damages. The damages policy is in place to help protect the items and belongings of cabin rental owners.
There are a few things individuals can do to help avoid damages. In no particular order...
- Inspections - Upon arriving at the cabin rental, take a few minutes to inspect the cabin. Look for things out of the ordinary or that might need to be fixed. This take just a few moments and can eliminate the possiblity of you being charged for something you did not break.
- Don't Take Anything - Regardless of how much you might like something in your cabin rental, you can't take it home with you. If you do, you will be charged.
- Pet Friendly Cabins - If you are a pet enthusiasts reserve a cabin that is pet friendly. Yes, you might have to look longer and pay a little more but it is worth it.
- Ask For Help - If you think something is broken and needs repair, please call the management company. They have individuals on staff for these type problems. Do not attempt to fix something because you might actually break it. Also, if you are unfamiliar with how something works ask the management company for advice.
- Be Honest - This is an easy one.
- Be Aware Of Breakables - If children are present, be aware of breakables that are close to the ground. Try, within reason, to move breakables out of reach of children.
- Lastly, Treat The Cabin Like It's Yours - This might be the easiest way to make sure the property stays in tip top condition.
Following just a few easy tips can help save time and money. If you still have questions, please call our office at 1-800-684-7865.