- Keep in mind that YOU will be vacationing in the Great Smoky Mountains and YOU may encounter steep driveways/roads, snow/icy weather, curious wildlife, and cellular/connection issues.
- We sincerely strive to provide a wonderful, stress-free vacation during the moments YOU occupy one of our professionally managed properties. Amongst the staff, we often refer to this belief as our “vacation philosophy.”
- Arrival (check-in) time starts after 4:00 PM with a guaranteed check-in time of 6:00 PM.
- Departure (checkout) time is before 10:00 AM.
- Hot tubs are drained, cleaned and refilled after each stay. Please allow several hours for the water to reach its optimum temperature. Leave the lid on when the unit is not in use.
- Be a conscious advocate of your temporary vacation home and the time it takes to properly prepare for each new guest. Please report any issues as soon as possible, but no later than 24 hours from your listed arrival time.
- Be cautious of potential noise ordinances. Excessive noise and foul language should be avoided. We call this approach our “Good Neighbor Policy.”
- Keep all electronics, appliances, and furniture in working order.
- We love pets; however, please respect the pet policy of each individually owned property.
- Please be respectful when choosing to smoke while on vacation. All of our properties prohibit smoking inside
- Please follow and observe all applicable Tennessee state laws during your vacation.
- As time may present, we humbly ask that YOU observe our basic departure requirements as YOU prepare to leave our wonderful community. This approach encourages each guest to help facilitate in the success of each future reservation.
When your arrival date is more than 120 days out:
- If reservation total is less than $1,999, then $250 is due upfront, with half due at 120 days and the remainder due 30 days prior to check-in.
- If reservation total is between $2,000 - $4,999, then $750 is due upfront, with half due at 120 days and the remainder due 30 days prior to check-in.
- If reservation total is more than $5,000, then $1,500 is due upfront, with half due at 120 days and the remainder due 30 days prior to check-in.
If your arrival date is less than or equal to 30 days out, your entire balance is due at booking.
Vacation Lease Agreement
Short-Term Lease Agreement
The Agent and Owner agree to lease the Premises to Guest for the term specified above and on the terms and conditions set forth herein. This short-term lease agreement ("Lease") is entered into by the undersigned Guest (“Guest”) and Cabins for YOU, Inc. ("Agent") as manager for the owner ("Owner") of the cabin/condo/property ("Premises"). It is expressly acknowledged and agreed by the parties hereto that the Premises are being leased on a short-term basis as a vacation rental. Should you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to call us at 1.800.684.7865. Our mailing address is: 200 W Main Street, Cartersville, GA 30120.
Check-in begins after 4:00 p.m. (EST) on the designated arrival date of your reservation with a guaranteed check-in time of 6:00 p.m. (EST). Guests are not permitted on the premises before the property is ready for occupancy. If you are in the area prior to check-in time, please enjoy the area's many attractions and restaurants. If you check into a property before 4:00 p.m. (EST) without an Agent’s permission, fees will apply.
All properties must be vacated no later than 10:00 a.m. (EST). As Agent deems necessary, checkout time may be extended to facilitate Guest, though current occupancy rates and availability will determine plausibility. All late checkouts are subject to certain conditions and an additional charge.
Guest agrees that the Premises are to be used and occupied by Guest as a private dwelling, and for no other purpose. In the event there is a change in occupancy, the application process and approval from Agent is required in advance. No parties, receptions, large gatherings, weddings, or similar events are permitted without prior written authorization from Agent. Complaints of excessive noise and foul language or any other unlawful activity may result in immediate eviction from Premises. The entire amount of any rent, fees, and deposits will be forfeited if
Greek Life & Event Parties
Cabins for YOU does allow Greek and Specialty Organizations book Certain cabins. Due to a proven history of having more risk for damage claims, we have implemented a special process for serving these reservations. This could include an event fee, a mid-stay visit, and an increased deposit. We also require these groups to announce themselves before signing this agreement, so that we can start the proper process. If we discover infidelity or misleading information, it can cause an eviction or cancellation of reservation(s).
While we try our best to keep up with growth in surrounding areas, we cannot always predict construction plans in the area. There is a possibility that construction projects may be in progress near any rental property during the time of your stay. Therefore, we have no control in these situations and no compensation or substitutions to other properties will be considered.
Unless specifically approved in writing, pets, as well as animals of any kind, are not allowed, with the exception of recognized and approved service animals. Properties that allow pets are limited to two (2) animals of no more than
The pet fee covers entry to the property and does NOT cover any of the following:
- Urine on floors, carpet, linens, furniture, etc.
- Scratched floors, walls, doors, trim, furniture, etc.
- Damage to carpet, rugs, blinds or any other items in the property
- Excessive pet hair and slobber
- Extra cleaning and flea treatments
In the event a guest allows an unapproved or non-allowed animal of any kind on the Premises, Guest will be assessed an additional non-refundable fee of $500.00 and may also be subject to immediate eviction pursuant to Agent’s eviction policy set forth herein.
If any unforeseen conditions or problems with the Premises arise prior to or during Guest’s stay, Agent reserves the right to either refund Guest’s payment, pro-rate, or place Guest in a comparable property with similar amenities,
The Property Protection Plan covers unintentional damages to the Premises that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to departing Premises. The fee will pay a maximum amount - derived from
Guest may choose to purchase Enhanced Property Protection (EPP). EPP offers enhanced protection to Guest, increasing accidental damage protection. The coverage amounts are as follows:
- Tier 1 yields $1500 in coverage.
- Tier 2 yields $2000 in coverage.
- Tier 3 yields $2500 in coverage.
Any damages that exceed the allotted amounts, intentional or unintentional, will be charged to the credit card on file. Smoking damage in or on the property and anything deemed “Pet Damage”, by Cabins for YOU--, is NOT covered by EPP. Guest has 30 days from departure to pay all monetary balances, should any exist, or Agent shall pursue collection of any outstanding funds. Any expenses incurred by Agent during the collection process shall be reimbursed by Guest. Property Protection and Enhanced Property Protection can be purchased prior to Guest entering into Premises. Certain terms and conditions apply. As an alternative to Property Protection or Enhanced Property Protection, Guest may choose to pay a Refundable Damage Deposit, authorized and collected prior to Guest entering into Premises, that will act as a safeguard to Agent for any damages that may occur, whether unintentional or intentional. The amount of this Refundable Damage Deposit varies per cabin. Any refund of Damage Deposit is subject to the terms of this Lease. No portion of the Damage Deposit will be refunded to a departing guest until all co-guests have vacated the Premises. Guest acknowledges that all, or a portion, of the Damage Deposit may be retained by Agent upon termination of the tenancy, and that any refund (full or partial) of the Damage Deposit to Guest shall be made within 30 days of reservation departure date.
Escrowed Funds Release
Pursuant to the provisions of the Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 47, Chapter 18 and Title 62, Chapter 13, Section 62-13-104(b)(3), Subdivision (D)(i), Cabins For You discloses the following as policy:
“All advance rent deposits, damage fees, taxes, and balance of rent due are deposited into a bank rental operating account. These deposits are considered earned income to Cabins For You upon receipt and may be used immediately. Any refunds are disbursed from the general fund of Cabins For You and are on a case-by-case basis.”
Guest cannot cancel (and receive reimbursement of rental funds) reservation, select a
Trip Insurance is available for purchase, prior to
Cancellation protection is best explained as “the ability to cancel a booking” service. It’s not a replacement for RedSky’s Travel Insurance, but an additional option for you to have peace of mind when traveling to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.
- Tier 1 allows you to cancel your reservation up to 5 days prior to your arrival date.
- Tier 2 allows you to cancel your reservation up to 2 days prior to your arrival date.
- Tier 3 allows you to cancel your reservation at any point prior to the initial use of your keycode (check-in).
Cancellation Protection Disclaimer
- Guest can cancel for any reason and will be refunded 100% of nightly rents and fees, excluding reservation fee, cancellation fee, trip insurance, and tiers 2 and 3 of property protection.
- Refund will be processed immediately but may take up to 7 business days to reflect on guest’s banking account.
- Cancellation protection must be purchased at time of booking.
Maintenance and After-Hours Emergency Calls
It is expected that major systems in and around the Premises including, but not limited to: air conditioning, washer, dryer, refrigerator, hot tub, etc., as well as utility services such as electric, water, cable/satellite TV, internet, and natural
In the event of an emergency, Agent reserves right to access the property at any time. We will attempt to notify you should we need to do so, but if we are unable to reach you, we reserve the right to enter into the property.
Damage to Premises
Any damages or issues found by the guest must be reported within 24 hours of standard check-in time. If damages or issues are not reported within this timeframe, Guest will not be reimbursed. Please call 1-800-684-7865 to report any damages that would interfere with your overall satisfaction
Owner or Agent shall have the right to proceed against Guest to recover sums (exceeding or excluding the limits of the Property Protection or Enhanced Property Protection) for excessive cleaning, painting, or repairs to the Premises or replacement of lost or missing items for which Guest is responsible, together with any reasonable attorney's fees as provided by law.
Guest will be notified regarding said charges or deductions. Guest agrees that charges can be processed on Guest’s credit card; held security deposit; or, in the event that amount is not sufficient to cover all of the damage expense, Guest agrees to send payment within 14 days of notification.
Protecting Installed Equipment
Our teams work hard to provide reliable AV and Wi-fi setup and equipment, such as signal boosters and surround sound systems. Under no circumstances should Guest ever disconnect electronics or any other technical equipment in the property without the consent of Agent. Do not adjust, attempt to rewire, connect or disconnect any items that are in place upon arrival. In the event a system is upset or damaged during a stay, Guest will be 100% responsible for any technician calls and services charges incurred by Agent.
Guest Notice for Hot Tub, Swim Spa, and Pool Use
Guest acknowledges and accepts all responsibility for the safety of all individuals, approved or unapproved, including children, while using hot tubs, swim spas, or pools. Guest understands there is no lifeguard on duty and supervision is their responsibility. Guest agrees to release all liability of Agent and Owner. Guest agrees to report all cleanliness issues regarding hot tubs, swim spas, or pools upon arrival. Guest agrees to pay a cleaning fee if said cleanliness issues are reported more than 24 hours post arrival. Hot tubs may take up to 24 hours to reheat completely after cleanings. Please leave lid on unit when not in use to allow the water temperature to heat appropriately. Guest also should not put any soaps, detergents, or bubble bath into hot tub, swim spa or pool. The water in heated pools is lukewarm and should be 78-82 degrees.
Restricted and Unlawful Activity
No smoking is allowed in property or anywhere on the Premises. Guests who violate this provision will be assessed an additional non-refundable deodorizing and cleaning fee up to $500.00 and may also be subject to immediate eviction pursuant to Agent’s eviction policy set forth herein. Though most of our properties are keyless-entry enabled, a small percentage does still carry physical keys; If these keys are lost or misplaced by the guest, there will be a rekey fee passed to the party listed on file and on this agreement. Tampering or removing of any smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, or any associated alarms located in or around the Premises will result in the Guest being charged a non-refundable, non-disputable fire safety violation fee of $1,000.00. No fires, except in installed fireplaces, are allowed unless in approved and designated fire pits during times of low fire risk when there is no burn ban in effect. No fireworks may be stored or discharged on the Premises at any time. Under no circumstances shall any illegal drugs or illegal activities be allowed on the Premises. Guest understands that possession and use of any such substance, or engaging in such activity, is grounds for immediate eviction and forfeiture of payment.
Guests and their guests agree to adhere to local laws, rules, and regulations, to not disturb the peace, to keep the property in a clean and sanitary condition, and to comply with the no-smoking and no-pets rules. Guests are subject to immediate non-judicial eviction from the rental for the following reasons: (1) Smoking anywhere inside Premises or on decks, patios, or terraces attached to Premises; (2) Pets on the rental property, unless allowed with paid pet fee; (3) Violation of the illegal drug or activity provision; (4) Guests under the age of 21 years who are not related to Guest; (5) Complaints of noise, loud music, foul language, or otherwise disturbing of the peace; (6) Violation of any fire safety policy; (7) Destruction and/or damage of the Premises; (8) Failing to vacate the Premises by the aforementioned checkout date and time; or (9) For any reason the Owner or their Agent deems appropriate in order to maintain the safety and security of the Premises and surrounding areas. The entire amount of rent and security/damage deposit will be forfeited for violation of any of the foregoing reasons, regardless of whether Guest is evicted.
Guest agrees that all personal property on the Premises shall be at the risk of Guest except as provided by Tennessee State Law. Owner and Agent shall not be liable in any manner for loss due to theft or damage sustained by fire or water, howsoever caused, or by any other cause to Guest’s personal property. Guest shall be responsible for the cost of repairing the Premises and/or any property that is damaged during Guest's occupancy of the Premises, ordinary wear and tear excepted.
Except as provided by Tennessee State Law, Owner and Agent shall not be liable for claims, demands, causes of action, judgments, attorney's fees, costs, and expenses arising from or connected with Guest’s use or occupancy of the Premises or that Premises adjacent thereto; nor claims, demands, causes of action, judgments, attorney's fees, costs and expenses for property damage, bodily injuries or death suffered or caused in or about said Premises or the premises adjacent thereto, resulting directly or indirectly from the acts or neglect of Guest.
Additionally, Owner and Agent shall not be liable should items be left behind in the cabin after Guest’s stay.
Guest agrees to settle any disputes and/or legal complaints arising under or related to this contractual agreement, through the process of arbitration. Guest agrees to waive the right to sue, participate in class-action lawsuits, and appeal. Furthermore, Guest agrees to pay all costs, expenses and attorney's fees, as allowed by law, expended or incurred by Owner or Agent by reason of any default or breach by Guest of any of the terms of this Lease.
Disclosure of Information of Lead-Based Paint, Lead-Based Paint Hazards
Housing built before 1978 may contain lead-based paint. Lead from paint, paint chips, and dust can pose health hazards if not managed properly. Lead exposure is especially harmful to young children and pregnant women. Before renting pre-1978 housing, lessors must disclose the presence of known lead-based paint and or lead-based paint hazards in the dwelling.
- Agent/Owner has no knowledge of lead-based paint and/or
lead basedpaint hazards in the housing.
- Agent/Owner has no reports or records pertaining to lead-based paint and or lead-based paint hazards in the housing.
- Agent/Owner will provide, at the Guest’s request, a copy of the federally approved pamphlet on lead poisoning.
- Agent/Owner has informed the lessor of the lessor's obligation under 42 U.S.C 4852d and is aware of his/her responsibility to ensure compliance