Start your vacation with ease with the following pro tips and cabin info!
You’ve booked your perfect cabin. Now find out how to get there, how to get inside, and what to do, see, and experience in the Great Smoky Mountains!
Before you head to the Smokies, check out our tips on what to pack, how to be prepared for arrivals in any season, and what we have ready and waiting for YOU in the cabin.
Check-in time, using your unique key code, hot tub and pool dos and don’ts, things you may encounter in the mountains…watch this short video to get ready for your Smoky Mountain vacay!
It’s time to head home. This quick video will guide you through our 5 short steps to checking out and leaving your cabin in top shape.
Check-in Time: 4 PM (EST) — No call necessary. Just type in your unique key code (provided via email 3 days before arrival) and head inside! Check-in time is guaranteed by 6 PM due to the dynamic nature of guests arriving.
What We Provide
- 1 towel + 1 washcloth per guest
- 1 bar of soap + 1 roll of toilet paper per bathroom
What to Pack (Or Grab in Town)
- Extra towels
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc.)
- Dishwashing detergent
- Dish soap
- Laundry detergent + dryer sheets (for cabins with provided washers & dryers)
- Extra trash bags
- Charcoal or propane (for cabins with provided grills)
- Extra toilet paper + paper towels
Attractions & Discounts!
We’ve partnered with top area attractions to give YOU access to awesome discounts! Simply show our updated partner program PDF (linked here) at applicable ticket booths or use the attached promo codes online to save a little extra cash at fun attractions.
What Is Parakeet?
To make checking in and out a breeze, all our cabins have Parakeet locks installed. In other words, you’ll be receiving a unique key code for your cabin stay. When this code is entered on your arrival date, check-in is complete, and the same goes for checkout on your departure date. No phone calls, no emails, no keys — no hassle! Be sure to let the deadbolt open completely before pushing the door open. Costs will be incurred if there is damage to the lock.
For the best guest experience, we clean and sanitize each cabin between guests. Please allow a few hours for the tub to reheat to maximum temp!
Things to know about your hot tub:
- A sulfur smell indicates well water, which is perfectly safe.
- Press light + temp up buttons to wake up a hot tub from sleep mode (SL).
- Reset the GCFI breaker if hot tub isn’t working.
- Switch between modes with the temp and set buttons.
- The floater contains bromine to keep the tub clean.
- Please keep water level above jets (using hose).
- If body products transfer into hot tub, we’ll reclean for a small fee.
- Water flow can be changed by turning adjustable jets.
- You may see sediment from our water mountain water; it is safe and normal.
How to Enter Your Cabin
Start by pressing the star or check key to wake the lock. Next, enter your unique key code, followed by the star or check key once more. Listen for the lock to open, then head inside. The door automatically locks after 10 seconds, so don’t forget your unique key code when heading outside.
Safety first! Your cabin may have an alarm system. To arm or disarm the system, simply enter the alarm code provided via email. It’s that easy!
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Review our CFY Facts Page for more details on your cabin stay. And if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call your Vacation Specialist at 1.800.684.7865 or shoot us an email at [email protected].
Please take a glance at the important departure information below!
Checkout Time: 10 AM (EST) — No call necessary. Just shut the door behind you as it will automatically lock after 10 seconds!
We would really appreciate your help with the following upon your departure.
- Place used towels in the bathtub and leave linens on the bed.
- Please load and start the dishwasher.
- Bag all trash and place outside in the trash can or bear-proof containers.
- HVAC — Set heat to 65℉ in winter and AC to 80℉ in summer.
- Shut and lock all doors and windows and set the alarm (if applicable).
If you have any questions or need anything at all during your stay, we’re here to help!