2010 Trout Tournament
The 11th annual Smoky Mountain Trout Tournament is back again and this time it's April 3-4. You can watch or participate as people of all ages fish for the largest trout. This event attracts many locals as well as tourists to see who will win the grand prize. The tournament will start on Saturday, April 3, at sunrise and will end at 4pm. On Sunday, the tournament will start at sunrise and end at 2 pm.
Now don't forget that you still have to abide by all the Gatlinburg and state of Tennessee fishing laws. Here are the rules for the Smoky Mountain Trout Tournament:
- One hand held rod with a single hook with a limit of 5 fish.
- No fishing on the Friday before the tournament and no fishing after tournament hours on Saturday and Sunday
- Only trout will be weighed and must be 7 inches long.
- Only registed fisherman can participate in this event.
- Total weight of the trout for the two days will determine the winner.
For more information about the trout tournament please visit www.rockytopoutfitter.com.