Puppy dog eyes and soft whimpers at your front door or a boarding facility is one of the hardest parts of going on vacation without your precious pup. Well, no more! It’s time to bring Fido along for your Smoky Mountain retreat in pet-friendly Gatlinburg, TN. Cozy up at your pet-friendly cabin, hike trails with fun sights, sounds, and smells, play at attractions, unleash and let loose at the park, and enjoy mealtimes together. If you’re looking for a pet-friendly vacation, Gatlinburg is the place to be, and our guide will lead the way.
Cuddle at Your Cabin
At Cabins for YOU, we love our pets and know you do, too! That’s why we’ve acquired a large variety of pet-friendly cabins in Gatlinburg and nearby Pigeon Forge to suit your needs. Whether you’re looking for a smaller cabin with a grassy yard to play or a 5-bedroom lodge with tons of indoor space to roam, we have just what you and Fido are looking for. Plus, we offer tons of relaxing and fun amenity options, like hot tubs, fireplaces, private pools, theaters, and games!
Amenities for YOU
- Mountain, Woodsy, Water, or City Views
- Rocking Chairs + Porch Swings
- Stone Firepit
- Gas or Charcoal Grills
- Bubbly Hot Tub
- Private Indoor Pool
- Indoor Jetted Tub
- Home Theater with Surround Sound
- Game Tables + Arcade Units
- Big Screen TVs with Blu-ray/DVD Players
- Gas, Wood-burning, or Electric Fireplaces
- FREE High-Speed Wi-Fi
Visit the National Park
Go on an adventure with your furry family member in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park — the most visited national park in the country! There’s plenty of sniffing opportunities, all kinds of sounds to perk up to, and new sights to explore. Your doggie will love hiking the pet-friendly trail and riding in the car through gorgeous trees and valleys here. Just remember to pack enough water and snacks to keep your and your pup’s energy up while hiking and to use restroom before heading out for a drive (dogs are not allowed outside the car). Important note: dog waste can transmit disease, so be sure to pick up after your pooch when on the trails.
Pet-friendly Hiking & Driving Trails
- Gatlinburg Trail — begins at the Sugarlands Visitor Center and continues for 2 miles along the Pigeon River with historic structures along the way
- Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail — starts after the Rainbow Falls Trailhead off the Orchard entrance to the park and stretches for 6 miles in a loop that boasts towering trees and lush scenery
- Cades Cove Loop — kicks off at the entrance to Cades Cove and follows an 11-mile loop that features historic sites, stunning valleys, and wildlife viewing your pooch will enjoy
After hanging at your pet-friendly cabin and adventuring in the national park, head into downtown Gatlinburg and take a stroll where all the action is. Pet-friendly places line the Parkway so you can stop in for a browse, play at a park, or even go for a fun ride!
Pet-friendly Shops & Activities
- Paws n’ Claws Pet Fashion
- Holly & Willow’s Pet Barn
- Simply Animals
- Bonediggity Barkery & Gifts
- Mynatt Park
- Mills Park
- Ghosts of Gatlinburg
- Salt & Pepper Shaker Museum
- Gatlinburg SkyLift
Dine Together in Town
Refuel for more tail wags and excited faces at a pet-friendly restaurant with outdoor seating in Gatlinburg. From steak entrees and hot dogs to Italian cuisine and sweet treats, you’ll enjoy dining out with your well-behaved pup by your side to make sure leftovers never happen.
Pet-friendly Restaurants in Gatlinburg
- Crystelle Creek Restaurant and Grill
- Timbers Log Cabin Restaurant
- Red Oak Bistro
- Fannie Farkle’s
- Dick’s Last Resort
- Best Italian Parkway
- The Funnel Cake Company
- Mad Dog’s Creamery & Donuts
- Wild Plum Tea Room
- The Fox and Parrot Tavern
- Ole Smoky Moonshine
If your doggie needs a little more room to run or you’re itching to try a Gatlinburg attraction that isn’t pet-friendly, let your pet enjoy time at doggy daycare with Just Fer Paws Kennels. Simply make an appointment ahead of time to secure your time slot and drop off your fur baby for a day filled with fun and safe play in a fenced-in area with loads of activities and personal attention. Doggy daycare is available from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays. And don’t forget to bring your pet’s up-to-date rabies vaccination papers upon arrival.
Just Fer Paws Kennels
817 Powdermill Road
Gatlinburg, TN 37738
865.430.3383 or 865.325.8722
Don’t leave your precious pooch behind for your next getaway — bring them along to pet-friendly Gatlinburg instead!