At Cabins for YOU, our guests mean everything to us. We understand that there is a ton of information being released over the status of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), with new information being presented by the hour. We understand you probably have questions concerning Cabins for YOU and how your reservation will be handled moving forward.
Our Commitment to YOU
We still look forward to hosting your reservation, and we do not anticipate any cancellations at this time. Should this change for any reason, we will reach out to you with an update. We want to assure you that safety is our top priority, and we will do all we can to help prevent the spread of this virus across our rental properties to keep our guests and our Cabins for YOU team safe!
Travel is as important to us as it is for our guests, and we want to do our part to help ensure that your plans can continue without interruption in the safest way possible for everyone involved. We will continue to monitor the situation and follow all guidelines put in place by The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition to our usual focus on clean cabins and guest safety, here’s what Cabins for YOU is doing to keep our properties in top shape:
For our guests
- Cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces and common areas (tables, chairs, doorknobs, light switches, remotes, desks, sinks, etc.) based on recommendations from the CDC
- Following a more rigorous laundering schedule for all bedding/washable items, handled in our dedicated laundry facility with commercial-grade equipment and chemicals
- Using disinfectant cleaning solutions following the approved products list found here
For our team
- Cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces and common areas and asking team members to do the same
- Limiting close-contact interaction within our offices
- Asking anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms to stay home
- Switching to remote (from home) work for as many employees as possible, starting 3/12
FOR A CONFIRMED COVID-19 CASE IN A CABIN
If one of our properties has a confirmed COVID-19 guest who checks out, we will follow stringent procedures to ensure the safety and health of future guests and our team. First, we will let the cabin sit empty for 7 days. After that time, we will heat treat the cabin using a specialized machine to raise the temperature of the cabin to sanitize it. We will then sanitize the cabin using cleaning solutions that follow CDC guidelines.
FOR WORK ORDERS DURING YOUR STAY
To maintain the safety of our guests and our team, we will be following the procedures below for any work orders that must be completed at the cabin during a guest stay.
- Small replacement items such as lightbulbs, batteries, etc., will be delivered curbside (on the front porch) to maintain social distancing.
- Non-emergency requests will be completed between stays (when no guests are renting the cabin).
- For emergency requests (lockouts, power or water outages, sewage backups, safety issues, etc.), guests will be asked to vacate the property or stay in their vehicles while the work order is being completed. No Cabins for YOU team members are allowed on the property while guests are present.
- Specialty services (HVAC, pest control, hot tubs, arcade games, roof leaks, sewage, etc.) are dependent on individual vendors and their policies and schedules at this time.
What YOU can do
We are prepared to alter our daily procedures, should the need arise, and will continue to monitor the situation and keep you up to date with any changes. As we move forward, the most effective way to stay healthy and minimize the spread of infectious disease is to follow basic best health practices. That includes the CDC’s recommendations to wash hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds, use disinfectant cleaners on all high-touch surfaces, and avoid touching your face or others. We believe that this, along with our rigorous cleaning procedures, will help to ensure a safe space for you in the Smokies.
BOOKING + CANCELLATION POLICIES
Trip Insurance + Cancellation Protection
First, we want to encourage all guests to add trip insurance and cancellation protection to their stays to help protect against unexpected situations like this. We offer 3 tiers of cancellation protection tailored to your budget and needs. Trip insurance is offered through a third-party provider and is another measure to help protect YOU.
- Tier 1 – 100% nightly rents and fees (including cleaning/pool fees) refunded, minus reservation fee, property protection, cancellation protection, trip insurance, and taxes
- Tiers 2 & 3 – 100% nightly rents and fees refunded, minus cancellation protection and taxes
If you don’t have trip insurance…
If you have an existing reservation for a stay through April 2 and haven’t purchased trip insurance or cancellation protection, we are bending our policies in light of the recent situation in an effort to help protect YOU, our cabin owners, and our team. You can call us at 1.800.684.7865 to make any changes needed. If your reservation is for dates beyond April 2, please call us closer to your time so we can handle the more pressing reservations first and balance our call volume to help everyone. We’re here for YOU.
- A gift certificate for the full amount paid, including taxes and fees OR
- Move dates so you don’t lose anything
AREA INFORMATION FOR YOU
In such an uncertain time, we want to be sure you have the best and most up-to-date information at your fingertips. We’ll keep updating our Local Closures page as new information comes in, so check it out for a list of postponed or canceled events, restaurant and attraction closures, and more.
We appreciate you choosing to book your vacation with us, and we’re praying that all of our guests stay safe and healthy during this time. If you have questions in regards to the coronavirus, please reach out to your healthcare provider, the Tennessee Department of Public Health, or the CDC website.