Always there for you, a broad shoulder to cry on, makes you laugh without trying, puts you before himself, and never lets you down — your dad is special and deserves more this Father’s Day. Why not whisk him away for a Smoky Mountain experience he’ll not soon forget? There are SO many things to do for Father’s Day in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, TN. Outdoor excursions, fun at attractions in town, leisurely walks inside museums, dinner shows that entertain with 4-course feasts, and the relaxing cabin life can be found here. Get ready to show the dad in your life a great — and memorable — time in the Smokies for Father’s Day, June 21, 2020!
- Scenic Helicopter Tours — Take your dad on a dream tour across the Great Smoky Mountain landscape as you soar through the skies with an eagle’s eye view of rivers, peaks, valleys, forests, and cities.
- Anakeesta — Ride the chondola or Ridge Rambler to the top of this aerial adventure park that boasts flavorful food options, nice shops, duel ziplines, a tree canopy walk, and a mountain coaster your dad will enjoy!
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park — Hike the 800+ miles of trails, horseback ride through the woodlands, fly fish for native Appalachian brook trout, and picnic by a rushing river at the most visited national park in the country.
- Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud — Welcome Dad to this epic show where word class lumberjacks compete in axe throwing, log rolling and climbing, sawing, chopping, and more. Then, you give lumberjacking a try in the accompanying adventure park!
- Bent Creek Golf Course — Professionally designed, manicured, and managed, Pops will really appreciate the love and attention put into this one-of-a-kind golf course with stunning mountain and valley vistas all around.
- Flyaway Indoor Skydiving — Let your dad’s daredevil tendencies loose (safely) in this indoor wind tunnel where he can feel what it’s like to skydive without the fear of jumping out of a plane 1,000s of feet in the air…
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies — Embark on an ocean journey with a glass bottom boat, splash with stingrays, take the travelator beneath Shark Lagoon, pet moon jellies, and watch penguins paint with Dad (precious).
- Alcatraz East Crime Museum — Learn all about American crime and the justice system at this intriguing and interactive museum that features notorious crime artifacts, criminal profiles, forensic science, and more…
- Tennessee Museum of Aviation — Is your dad a major fan of aircraft? Take him to this thrilling museum where airworthy Warbirds, fighters, helicopters, jets, trainers, and amphibious planes are on display. And if you’re lucky, they may perform a flight demo!
- Pirates Voyage Dinner & Show — Pairing mouthwatering food with seafaring fun, this dinner show is sure to impress Pops, with high-flying acrobatics, water tricks, beautiful mermaids, full-sized pirate ships, and a 4-course feast!
- Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Feud — If dad jokes are his thing, your dad will love the Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Feud that features a family-style meal with family-friendly comedy antics between 2 feuding families.
- Dolly Parton’s Stampede — Chow down on a whole hen with Southern sides while the arena showcases horse riding stunts, musical numbers, special effects, comedic clowns, and a healthy dose of competition between the North and South!
Relax & Recharge
Exploring the national park, skydiving indoors, strolling through the aquarium, and enjoying a dinner show can really take it out of Dad. Our recommendation: give him a taste of the relaxing and recharging cabin life! Coffee every morning in a rocking chair overlooking majestic mountain peaks + gameplay and beer in the rec room + hot tub soaks for tired muscles every evening + his favorite film in the home theater with booming surround sound + sweet rest in a plush king-size bed = the perfect start to his cabin dream in the Smokies. With cabins of all shapes and sizes (including pet-friendly options) in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, Cabins for YOU is the way to go to make this Father’s Day extra special!
Cabin Amenities Dad Will Love!
- Private indoor pool
- Steamy hot tub
- King-size bed
- Pool, air hockey, foosball, and shuffleboard tables
- Arcade units
- Big screen TV
- Home theater with surround sound
- Charcoal or gas grill
- Rocking chairs
- FREE Wi-Fi
- Mountain, woodsy, city, or river views!
Spend Father’s Day 2020 showering the dad in your life with memorable moments in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, TN!