When searching for a place to host your next inspiring conference, a few key points come to mind: location and space. Focusing on attendee experience, it’s important to choose a place that not only fulfills the needs of the seminar but also provides entertainment to maintain a healthy and happy vibe throughout the event. While the primary goal may be to communicate ideas clearly, guests will certainly appreciate how much thought you put into the conference by choosing a location with plenty to do and a convention space that will keep everyone in comfort.
From business retreats to church assemblies to large-group events, the location tends to be the deciding factor that will either make or break a conference. If you’re looking for a variety of convention centers to choose from as well as fun local attractions for all, planning a Gatlinburg conference is certainly the way to go! Located near the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in the great State of Tennessee, Gatlinburg harbors multiple venue options, spacious lodges, let-loose attractions, and team-building activities.
Conference Centers & Venues
Whether organizing a memorable conference or special event, Gatlinburg has the optimal space to suit your convention needs, from a sports complex to designated convention centers.
Rocky Top Sports World
As Gatlinburg’s resident indoor sports complex, Rocky Top Sports World has over 40,000 square feet of customizable space for your next conference. With event specialists to help throughout the planning process, creating an ideal space for several hundred or thousand attendees won’t be a hassle. There are large meeting rooms perfect for breaking down into smaller groups for on-site workshops as well as plenty of indoor courts and even a massive rock wall to promote team building. Eliminate coworker competition and cultivate supportive teammates at Rocky Top Sports World!
Gatlinburg Convention Center
A local favorite, the Gatlinburg Convention Center boasts over 148,000 square feet of meeting space with great potential as it can be transformed to suit practically any conference need. Featuring 3 main large-capacity rooms plus 16 meeting rooms and the Gatlinburg Boardroom, this venue presents a well-rounded choice with the ability to accommodate up to 6,000 attendees.
Once planning begins, the event-planning team will assist you every step of the way, from site inspections to flower arrangements. There’s even a fully staffed kitchen on site, making meal preparation for your large group easy as pie. As a bonus, this facility is within walking distance to many local attractions, so when the day’s meetings end, the party can begin!
The Big 3
- As the largest flexible space, The Great Hall spans over 65,000 square feet and boasts a ceiling height of 30 feet. Use this massive room to host a large corporate function (6,000 guests max) or divide the space for 3 events in one go!
- With more than 17,000 square feet and a height of 27 feet, the Tennessee Ballroom is an ideal space for large banquet seating (up to 1,220 guests). Additionally, this room can fit up to 2,100 seats row style or be separated into 4 sections to accommodate smaller events.
- For a more intimate feel, select the Mills Auditorium, which comes in at roughly 8,800 square feet with a ceiling height of 22 feet. Seat up to 1,100 people theater style or host a banquet for up to 580 guests. There’s even a 925-square-foot stage for teaching, speaking, showing, preaching — you name it!
Smoky Mountain Convention Center
With the ability to accommodate up to 1,200 guests as well as provide a professional planning staff with over 30 years’ experience, the Smoky Mountain Convention Center in Pigeon Forge (7.5 miles from Gatlinburg) is certainly a great option for your next uplifting seminar. Featuring 7,200 square feet of flexible meeting space, this convention center can be partitioned into 8 smaller areas (around 800 square feet); there’s even a spacious pre-function room of 4,500 square feet. Add abundant parking, an on-site kitchen with full-service catering, and a sales team with knowledge of local attractions, and your successful conference is well within reach.
LeConte Event Center at Pigeon Forge
Located along the Little Pigeon River, the LeConte Center at Pigeon Forge boasts a peaceful atmosphere with a lodge design and an incredible view of — you guessed it — Mount LeConte. Investing $50 million into this state-of-the-art facility (232,000 square feet), Pigeon Forge proudly offers a 100,500-square-foot open space that can house up to 12,000 attendees and be transformed to suit almost any event (courtesy of the many electric and communication service drops from the ceiling). Additionally, there are up to 17 breakout rooms to serve smaller gatherings, an 8-bay registration area to greet guests, and an event owners office — featuring a comfy sofa, large table, cozy fireplace, and even DirectTV — to provide a private space to work and rest.
- As a large establishment, it stands to reason you may worry other events will book for the same day and potentially disrupt your conference. Fear not, for only 1 event is allowed at a single time, giving you peace of mind.
- A certified Tennessee Green Hospitality venue, the LeConte Center at Pigeon Forge utilizes sustainability practices to help protect the environment and the local community, meaning you can host your seminar at an environmentally friendly facility.
- Who doesn’t love freebies? Take advantage of 1,600 free parking spaces, free tram pickup to the front doors, and free Wi-Fi!
- Located in the heart of the city, attendees will be grateful for the convenience of nearby local attractions, eateries, and shopping centers.
Sevierville Convention Center
As your guests make their way past a stunning waterfall feature to the front doors of the Sevierville Convention Center (17 miles from Gatlinburg), you’ll be ready to greet them in the spacious lobby. Or feel free to await their arrival in one of 2 event halls at 66,000 and 41,500 square feet respectively. Need an even larger space? Combine the versatile rooms to create an open area of over 107,000 square feet, which can accommodate a max of 9,996 attendees! There are also 4 ballrooms for smaller assemblies at around 4,800 square feet each, which you can connect to fashion a medium space of approximately 19,000 square feet. And don’t forget the 4 combinable meeting rooms, on-site kitchen, catering services, and planning staff — ready to make your event a success!
Large Group Lodges
By selecting Gatlinburg as your choice conference location, your attendees will gain the chance to stay at a large-group lodge with breathtaking Smoky Mountain views, entertaining amenities, and luxurious suites. Staying at a lodge together creates the perfect atmosphere for team bonding as well as makes it easy to host smaller meetings throughout shared spaces in the cabin. With plenty of local cabin options, guests can enjoy the full lodge experience with tailored features!
Get ready to:
- Lounge by the private indoor pool.
- Chat by the fireplace in the living room.
- Play games (air hockey, shuffleboard, pool, arcade classics, etc.) in the rec spaces.
- Prepare meals in the fully equipped kitchen.
- Dine on multiples decks with stunning views.
- Enjoy a feature film in the home theater.
- Soak in the outdoor hot tubs.
- Unwind in comfy king-size beds.
- And MORE!
Let’s not forget about all the local attractions — great for letting loose and building team spirit! Between meetings, lectures, and workshops, it’s important to enjoy a bit of downtime. Spend a few exciting hours riding rides, tasting treats, and listening to musical performances at Dollywood or stroll around Ripley’s Aquarium for a more relaxing underwater atmosphere. Cheer for each other while zooming through the trees at Smoky Mountain Ziplines and put your communication skills to the test at The Escape Game! Harboring endless attractions, star restaurants, and shopping centers all around as well as the national park nearby, the Smokies has plenty to do, even when there is a big conference in town.
What are you waiting for?! Host a successful conference in Gatlinburg — a fantastic location combined with top-notch venue options, spacious large-group lodges, and local fun for all!