Need to impress the teen in your life this spring break? Take them on a whirlwind of fun in the Great Smoky Mountains! Zoom on roller coasters, ride horses through the national park, beat the highest arcade scores, shop until you drop, and play games in your cabin’s rec room…for starters. There’s so much to do, see, and dream in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, TN, that your teenager won’t be able to stop (or hide) grinning from ear to ear as soon as you hit the Parkway.
And returning to your cabin with ace amenities every evening is sure to earn bonus points you can cash in for years to come. Not to mention, all the spring break memories made in the Smokies together will be cherished forever by you and them, too.
Kick things off with adrenaline pumping rides — including theme park roller coasters and local mountain coasters! Your teen will scream for joy as they reach top speeds, soar around sharp twists and turns, spin into a fury, and drop from stories in the sky. Find the best places to ride below.
Best places to ride?
If you’re looking for a full day of play, opt for Dollywood, the area’s most notable theme park with exhilarating rides.
- Wild Eagle — America’s first wing coaster
- Tennessee Tornado — a triple spiral-looping coaster
- Lightning Rod — the world’s faster wood coaster
- Drop Line — ride up 20 stories…and drop in a flash
- Thunderhead — a ripping roller coaster with a 100-foot drop!
And if you’re searching for a smaller attraction, we recommend any of the local mountain coasters listed below. With the speed at your command, choose to go slow and enjoy the views or zoom through the forest and down the mountain for a rush.
- The Coaster at Goats on the Roof — yes, there are actual goats on the roof…
- Rowdy Bear Mountain — home to a fun mountain coaster + the world’s first mountain glider
- Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster — this fast track tops out at 30+ mph!
- Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster — first mountain coaster built in the Smokies & longest downhill ride in the U.S.
- Rocky Top Mountain Coaster — stars and fairy lights guide this extreme ride through the forest after dark!
Is your teen always outside, itching to explore the world? Perfect! Enjoy a day ziplining past stunning mountain vistas, walking through the treetops at Anakeesta (an aerial adventure park), or touring the area by helicopter. And if your teen has a wild side with a dream to skydive, give them a fun (and safe) taste with Flyaway Indoor Skydiving!
Spring break fun doesn’t stop in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Take your teen on outdoor excursions through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park — the most visited national park in the country!
- Hiking to waterfalls
- Llama trekking (so adorbs!)
- Fishing for rainbow trout
- Horseback riding on old mountain trails
- Whitewater rafting down Pigeon River
- Picnicking with friends
Teen obsessed with playing games? Show them an awesome time at local arcades, go-kart tracks, miniature golf courses, and escape games! They’ll have a blast taking down the highest scores, ripping through the finish line, putt-putting to victory, and escaping prison…don’t worry, it’s an escape game (wink).
Top places to win in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg!
- Big Top Arcade
- Big Daddy’s Pizzeria
- The Track Smoky Mountains (go-karts + arcade)
- Rockin’ Raceway
- Crave Golf Club (mini golf + escape games)
- Ripley’s Davey Crockett Mini-Golf
- Fantasy Golf
- Smoky Mountain Escape Games
- The Island (fairground favs + The Escape Game)
- Gatlin’s Escape Game
Shop, Shoppe, Shopping!
Add to your teenager’s bedroom collection with Smoky Mountain souvenirs, grow their style with pieces from country-chic boutiques, and enjoy spending quality time browsing and chatting through local shops in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. While they’re picking out their favorite things, be sure to grab yourself a few goodies to take home, too! Who knows? Your shopping fun could lead to deep conversations and meaningful moments (fingers crossed).
Shop until you drop!
- The Village Shops — a European-style shopping village with 27 shops
- The Island — a shopping and entertainment complex with 40+ experiential stores
- Pigeon Forge Factory Outlet Mall — find quaint shops under the red roof!
- Mountain Mall — features 36 themed shops
- The Old Mill — shopping and food combine at this country-style complex
Playing and shopping in town or adventuring in the national park will certainly tucker you out, so you’ll really appreciate the comfort of your own Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg cabin. And choosing one with tons of extras will make your teen eager to travel to the Smokies this spring break! While you enjoy homey conveniences, including a fully equipped kitchen for meals, complimentary Wi-Fi to keep up with emails, and a washer/dryer so you can pack light, your teen will love the private pool, rec room with games, home theater, and more…in fact, so will YOU!
Cabins for YOU Amenities
- Private indoor pool
- Outdoor hot tub
- Home theater with surround sound
- Big screen TVs
- Pool, air hockey, foosball, and shuffleboard tables
- Arcade units
- King, queen, and bunk beds
- TV in every bedroom
- Indoor jetted tub
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Gas or charcoal grill
- High-speed Wi-Fi
- Outdoor firepit
- Rocking chairs
- Mountain, river, city, or woodsy views
Get pumped to show your teen a fantastic time in the Great Smoky Mountains this spring break — riding roller coasters, hiking to new heights, conquering high scores, shopping all day, and playing at your amenity-loaded cabin!