Haven’t finished your Christmas shopping yet? We — and roughly 90% of the population — know how you feel! To make your holiday purchases go as smoothly as possible, we’ve put together a Smoky Mountain gift guide — complete with unique present ideas, recommended local shops in Gatlinburg, and a few popular chain stores. To top it all off, we’ve even included a list of seasonal events that will really get you into the holiday spirit when you’re spending some time in the beautiful Smoky Mountains this winter!
It’s the Thought that Counts!
When it comes to buying gifts, the hardest part is deciding what to get. Whether giving to family, friends, roommates, or coworkers, everyone’s personality is different, making it that much more difficult to choose. Sure, you could attempt a few “selfies in better lighting” at your friend’s house to spark some ideas from their décor, but all you really need to do is take a little time to think about each person — they’re called thoughtful gifts for a reason, you know. Although quite cliché, it truly is the thought that counts at the end of the day. Plus, the joyful smiles, cheerful laughs, and abundant gasps of surprise will be more than worth it!
Pigeon Forge Shops
- Add another rooster-themed knick-knack to your grandma’s kitchen from the Country Barn Gift Shop.
- Head to Pigeon River Crossings, an outlet mall with 85+ gift-filled stores, to purchase waterproof playing cards from the Coleman Outlet for your fishing buddy.
- Include a sugary treat from the Country Candy Kitchen in the holiday goodie bags for your coworkers.
- Grab a salt stone lamp from the Earthbound Trading Company for your chic sister.
- Help grow your brother’s Pop! Heroes collection with the wide selection at Kryptonite.
- Give your wife a pair of monogrammed sandals from The Finishing Touch to announce your surprise spring trip!
- Head to The Old Mill General Store for homemade jams your neighbors are sure to enjoy.
- Find gorgeous paintings of Cades Cove — perfect for the nature lovers in your church group — at the Randall Ogle Gallery.
- Style your husband’s man cave with handcrafted log furniture from Rocky Top.
- Pick out a new toy for your feline friend or a kitten-decorated bag for the cat fanatic in the family at the Smoky Mountain Cat House.
- Get a Pikachu plushy for your boy and a Peppa Pig doll for your girl from The Toychest Company at The Island, which boasts 35+ retail and specialty shops.
- Select a charming gift for your auntie from Yesterday’s Antiques.
- Gift a one-of-a-kind, functional art piece from Alewine Pottery to your mother-in-law.
- Let the kids create something special for Daddy this year at the Art Studio of the Smokies.
- Travel around the Great Smoky Arts and Crafts Community to pick up a handwoven basket for your cousin at Cliff Dwellers Gallery or a hand-painted scarf for your mom at Good Natured Gifts.
- Venture to Holly & Willow’s Pet Barn to procure a pack of Christmas cookies for your cuddly canine!
- Snatch up a new apron for the chef in the family at The Paula Deen Store.
- Shop at The Village for wind chimes from The Honey Pot or a decorative candle from Candle Cottage for your girlfriend.
- Grant your niece’s wish for a pair of Minnetonka moccasins at Jonathon’s: The Bear Necessities.
- Trade in your nephew’s Mickey ears for a Smoky Mountain bear hat at Ober’s Playhouse, part of The Shops at Ober.
- Custom order a priceless work of art for Gramps from Sparky’s Glassblowing.
- Host a spa night for your bestie with skin-rejuvenating products from Misty Mountain Soap.
- Hand-pick an assortment of sweets, such as pecan logs, cinnamon candied apples, fruit jellies, and maple pralines, from Aunt Mahalia’s Candies for your boyfriend.
- Choose a nice wine made from local fruit at Bootleggers Homemade Wine for your uncle…maybe sneak one for yourself as well.
A Gift of Memories for Christmas
Really want to treat your family this year? Plan a family vacation to the Smoky Mountains, where you can all cozy up in a Gatlinburg cabin for holiday meals and treats, gift swapping by the fire, and relaxing evenings in the hot tub (with snow falling if you’re lucky!). You’ll have a fully equipped kitchen where you can bake Christmas cookies for Santa and a fireplace so the kids won’t worry that he’ll miss them when you’re away from home!
Top Christmas Shops in the Smokies
From festive lights, gorgeous nativities, and handcrafted ornaments to holiday cookies, toy trains, and Christmas villages, the Smoky Mountains makes it easy to find the best presents for the ones you love — and decorate your home for the season while you’re at it! As a bonus, these shops are open year-round, merrily keeping the joy of Christmas ever-present. Always remember presents aren’t about how much money you spend or even what you choose to give — they’re about showing love to the people around you.
The Incredible Christmas Place | 2470 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37868 | (800) 445-3396
As the South’s largest Christmas shopping village, The Incredible Christmas Place is more than just a holiday-themed store — it’s an experience. With the sound of a toy train running about, a Santa around every corner, elves on the shelves, a reindeer-pulled sleigh overhead, decorated trees all around, and a chance to meet the jolly man himself, you’ll have smiles for miles! The best part is this merry shop is loaded with every kind of Christmas trinket, figurine, and decoration you can think of — and that’s just the beginning! For a heaping taste of what this shop has to offer, check out the video below.
Christmas Eve Gift | 170 Glades Road, Suite 25, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 | (865) 436-3339
A proud member of the Great Smoky Arts and Crafts Community, Christmas Eve Gift is owned by professional craftsmen who put their heart and soul into creating specialty decorations, such as old-world Santas, cheerful snowmen, creative ornaments, and light-up presents. If you’re looking to add a touch of the Smokies to your festive décor back home, you’ll certainly find it — and then some — here!
Santa’s Claus-et | 1350 East Pkwy, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 | (865) 430-9822
With countless festival awards under their belt, Santa’s Claus-et features a beautiful array of Christmassy decorations, charming puzzles, lighted canvasses, artistic stockings, as well as other seasonal items. Best of all, this shop has a wide selection of classic children’s toys, making it a great place to find a fun gift for your little ones. Who knows? Santa might even help you choose the perfect present. He does receive the most important letters of the year after all — if anyone can help, he can!
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
While a present under the tree and a kiss at midnight are always a must, why not try something new and take your friends and family to a seasonal event this year in Gatlinburg, TN?
- Hop on the Gatlinburg Winter Magic Trolley Ride of Lights and feast your eyes on tons of festive light displays.
- Take the Polar Express Train Ride to the North Pole…you’ll never guess who’s waiting to greet you.
- Look forward to your children’s precious moment as they take photos with Santa at The Island.
- Head to the Festival of Christmas Past at the Sugarlands Visitor Center for a joyous time filled with celebration, storytelling, harp singing, and more!
- Swoon to holiday tunes sung by Michael English at his Christmas Concert in Pigeon Forge.
- Enjoy the New Year’s Eve Bash in Pigeon Forge with a special performance by Marc Martel.
- Save a bit of Christmas cash to buy another surprise gift for your little one at the New Year’s Eve Celebration at The Island.