When a lot of people think of Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains, they think of family-friendly attractions, airbrush t-shirts, and maybe even fudge. And while those are awesome and classic aspects of this charming mountain town, there is so much more. The Smokies is also all about romance, from the jaw-dropping mountain views and peaceful woods surrounding cozy Gatlinburg cabins to the wineries and distilleries, perfect-for-couples attractions, great restaurants, and unique shops.
Valentine’s Day is just 1 month away, so it’s time to start planning if you haven’t already! What better way to top last year’s box of chocolates and standard red roses than with an incredible and romantic trip to Gatlinburg?! Our 1-bedroom cabins are perfectly romantic, equipped with lots of conveniences, and close to the fun of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge – so you’ll always have something to do when you want to get out of the cabin.
Need some ideas to get you started? Here’s our lineup of favorite Valentine’s Day ideas in the Smokies:
- Share a kiss under the sharks in the underwater tunnel at Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies
- Tour the local Rocky Top Wine Trail and pick out a bottle of red or white to take back to the cabin
- Pick out gifts for each other at The Village Shops
- Have a fun date day with arcade games and famous Ogle Dogs at Fannie Farkle’s
- Check out all of Gatlinburg from the top of the Gatlinburg Space Needle
- Get an old-time photo taken in downtown Gatlinburg
- Explore the brand-new Anakeesta for a romantic walk – and meal – high above the city
- Stay cozied up in your Gatlinburg cabin for a night by the fire
- Have fun at Ober Gatlinburg, where there’s always something to do!
- Meet the artisans in the Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Community
- Listen to live music after sampling some great moonshine in the Ole Smoky Moonshine Holler
- Book a cabin with a private movie theater and enjoy a romantic comedy for Valentine’s Day!
- Make some hot cocoa and enjoy it from the deck of your romantic Smoky Mountain cabin
- Stroll hand in hand along the sidewalks of downtown and do some window shopping
- Spend the day at The Island, where you can shop, dine, and play!
- Work together at The Escape Game Pigeon Forge
- Take a ride on the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel in Pigeon Forge
- Check out the shows and shopping – and cookies the size of your face! – at Dollywood
- Spend an evening at a dinner show downtown
- Have a romantic afternoon tea at the Wild Plum Tea Room
- Spend the morning playing and jumping at TopJump
- Take private painting lessons at Art Studio of the Smokies
- Go to a murder mystery dinner show for some unique fun
- Cook together in your cabin’s fully equipped kitchen
Great Gifts Ideas in the Smokies
- An old-time photo to frame
- A box of creamy fudge from downtown
- Matching airbrush t-shirts
- A beautiful piece of handmade jewelry from the Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Community
- A new handbag from a boutique at The Island
- Designer duds for date night from the Tanger Outlets
- Chocolate-dipped strawberries from Aunt Mahalia’s
- Outdoor gear from the NOC (Nantahala Outdoor Center)
- Old-fashioned candies from the Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen
- Ornaments for the Christmas lover from Santa’s Claus-et
- Hiking gear for the next trip from The Day Hiker (The Village Shops)