Always there for you, a broad shoulder to cry on, makes you laugh without trying, puts you before himself, and never lets you down — YOUR dad (or husband) is special and deserves more this Father’s Day on June 20, 2021. If the dad in your life likes tasty food, the great outdoors, exciting attractions, leisurely museums, dinner with a show, moonshine sips, or simply relaxing at a log cabin, consider whisking him away for a memorable Father’s Day in the Smoky Mountains!
To help you plan an entire weekend for the greatest dad ever, we’ve compiled some of our favorite fun things to do for Father’s Day in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Get ready to wish the dad in your life a Happy Father’s Day — by taking him on a Great Smoky Mountain vacation!
Food, Food, Food!
- The Pancake Pantry — Before a day of fun in town, let Dad fill up with a stack of fluffy pancakes and a plate of crispy bacon and scrambled eggs at The Pancake Pantry, one of the area’s most popular breakfast spots.
- Bennett’s Pit Bar-B-Que — Hickory smoked and flavor packed, the bbq at Bennett’s is hard to beat. Smothered in sauce or juicy on its own, the food at this Pigeon Forge restaurant is worth every penny for Pops.
- Old Dad’s Gatlinburg — Everything from burgers and wings to hand dipped ice cream and beer can be found at Old Dad’s Gatlinburg. This general store features a deli, grill, and grocery store, great for dads who love to eat and shop for outdoor goods.
- Candy Shops — Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg candy shops are famous for their creamy and smooth fudge; however, there are candy delights to suit every taste bud! Chocolate covered cherries, taffy, caramel apples and peanut brittle can all be found along the Parkway.
- Scenic Helicopter Tours — Take your dad or hubby on a dream tour across the Great Smoky Mountain landscape as you soar through the skies with an eagle’s eye view of rivers, peaks, valleys, forests, and cities.
- Anakeesta — Ride the chondola or Ridge Rambler to the top of this aerial adventure park in Gatlinburg that boasts flavorful food options, nice shops, duel ziplines, a tree canopy walk, and a mountain coaster your dad or husband will enjoy!
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park — Conquer a few hiking trails, horseback ride through the woodlands, take a scenic drive through Cades Cove, fly fish for native Appalachian brook trout, and picnic by a rushing river at the most visited national park in the country. He’ll love stretching his legs, getting some fresh air, enjoying the views, and spending quality time with his family!
- Gatlinburg Sportsman’s Club — The Gatlinburg Sportsman’s Club is an ideal spot for a dad who enjoys shooting skeet, target practice, or fishing! After a morning of casting a line in the serene fishing hole and practicing his shot on the ranges, unpack a picnic lunch under the pavilion to enjoy while overlooking the pond.
- Bluff Mountain Adventures — Not exactly your run-of-the-mill outdoor adventure, rent a couple of ATVs and take a ride up Bluff Mountain! The user-friendly all-terrain vehicles will take you up one of the area’s highest mountains for the ride of your life. Enjoy the sights and scenery without the strenuous hike!
- Dollywood — Ride thrilling roller coasters, try Southern food, listen to live music, and check out seasonal events at Dollywood Theme Park in Pigeon Forge. You can also pop over to Dollywood’s Splash Country to cool off in the wave pool, zoom down water slides, and eat ice cream!
- Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud — Welcome Dad to this epic show where word-class lumberjacks compete in axe throwing, log rolling and climbing, sawing, chopping, and more. Then, you give lumberjacking a try in the accompanying adventure park!
- Flyaway Indoor Skydiving — Let your dad or husband’s daredevil tendencies loose (safely) in this indoor wind tunnel where he can feel what it’s like to skydive in Pigeon Forge without the fear of jumping out of a plane 1,000s of feet in the air…
- Bent Creek Golf Course — Professionally designed, manicured, and managed, Pops will appreciate the love and attention put into this one-of-a-kind 18-hole golf course in Gatlinburg with stunning mountain and valley vistas all around.
- Ripley’s Haunted Adventure — Offering haunts year-round, Ripley’s Haunted Adventure is for the dad with guts. Live actors in Hollywood-grade costumes and makeup are hiding among the state-of-the-art scenes. He’ll love getting spooked around every corner and seeing you get freaked out as well!
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies — Embark on an ocean journey with a glass-bottom boat, splash with stingrays, take the travelator beneath Shark Lagoon, pet moon jellies, and watch penguins paint with Dad (precious).
- Alcatraz East Crime Museum — Learn all about American crime and the justice system at this intriguing and interactive museum in Pigeon Forge that features notorious crime artifacts, criminal profiles, forensic science, and more…
- Tennessee Museum of Aviation — Is your dad or partner a major fan of aircraft? Take him to this thrilling museum where airworthy Warbirds, fighters, helicopters, jets, trainers, and amphibious planes are on display. And if you’re lucky, they may perform a flight demo!
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium — If your Dad loves the unusual, take him to Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium in downtown Gatlinburg that features interactive exhibits, a shrunken head, a 12-foot-tall Transformer, a spinning vortex tunnel, and more.
- Pirates Voyage Dinner & Show — Pairing mouthwatering food with seafaring fun, this dinner show is sure to impress Pops, with high-flying acrobatics, water tricks, beautiful mermaids, full-sized pirate ships, and a 4-course feast!
- Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Feud — If dad jokes are his thing, your dad or hubby will love the Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Feud that features a family-style meal with family-friendly comedy antics between 2 feuding families.
- Dolly Parton’s Stampede — Chow down on a whole hen with Southern sides while the arena showcases horseback riding stunts, musical numbers, special effects, comedic clowns, and a healthy dose of competition between the North and South!
Beer & Brews
- Smoky Mountain Brewery — Generous portions and crisp, cold beer make Smoky Mountain Brewery a definite stop for the ultimate Father’s Day weekend. The menu features mouthwatering burgers, ribs, pizza, and wings to pair with award-winning micro-brewed beers.
- Ole Smoky Moonshine — For a taste of the mountains, sample Ole Smoky Moonshine at locations in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Flavors include apple pie, black cherry, margarita, butter pecan, mountain java, and their best selling moonshine pickles!
- Sugarlands Distilling Company — Take a seat around the Sippin’ Posts for samples of long-standing moonshine and whiskey recipes with modern, flavorful twists. And show the dad in your life a great time with a free tour of the Sugarlands Distillery in Gatlinburg.
- Old Forge Distillery — Using water from the Little Pigeon River and freshly ground grains from The Old Mill, Old Forge Distillery is home to award-winning Single-Barrel Aged Bourbon, Rum, Moonshine, and Vodka. It’s the perfect place to treat Dad or your husband to a Father’s Day toast!
Relax & Recharge at a Smoky Mountain Cabin
Exploring the national park, skydiving indoors, strolling through the aquarium, and enjoying a dinner show can really take it out of Dad. Our recommendation: let him rest, relax, and recharge at a log cabin with Cabins for YOU!
Coffee every morning in a rocking chair overlooking majestic mountain peaks + gameplay and beer in the rec room + cooking out on the grill + hot tub soaks for tired muscles every evening + his favorite film in the home theater with booming surround sound + sweet rest in a plush king-size bed = the perfect start to his cabin dream in the Smokies.
Cabin Amenities Dad Will Love!
- Mountain, woodsy, city, or river views!
- Private indoor pool
- Steamy hot tub
- King-size bed
- Home theater with surround sound
- Pool, air hockey, foosball, and shuffleboard tables
- Arcade units
- Big screen TV
- Charcoal or gas grill
- Rocking chairs
- FREE Wi-Fi
Whether you’re planning on whisking him away on a small, peaceful escape or bringing the whole family along to celebrate his special day, we have just the Smoky Mountain cabins for Father’s Day weekend. Our Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg cabin rentals currently range from 1-16 bedrooms (sleeping 1-60+) and feature pet-friendly options. Search by amenity online, browse around our site, give us a call at 1.800.684.7865, or use our Options for YOU feature and let us find the perfect fit!
Give the ultimate Father’s Day gift by planning a memorable getaway for the dad in your life in the Great Smoky Mountains of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, TN!