- Both participants must be 18 years of age to obtain a Tennessee Marriage
- Present a valid driver's license, or certified birth certificate.
- Present a social security card if not on driver's license.
- If not a United States Citizen, you must present a valid passport.
- If either of you have been divorced or widowed, you will need to know the exact date that the divorce was final, or date of death.
- If the bride has had a name change in her divorce and has not had her named changed on her driver's license, she will need to provide a certified copy of her divorce decree.
- There is no blood test in Tennessee.
- There is no waiting period.
- License must be used within 30 days of issuance.
- Fee for out of state couples is $38.50; cash only and correct change is appreciated.
- Fee for in-state residents is $98.50; cash only and correct change is appreciated. The $60.00 fee will be waived if applicants complete a four hour premarital preparation course and present a certificate of completion, which can be obtained through the office.
|Locations||Days Open||Hours of Operation|
|Sevier County Court House
|Monday thru Thursday
|8:00 am to 4:30 pm
8:00 am to 6:00 pm
|Gatlinburg (Shilling Center)
|Monday & Friday
|8:30 am to 4:00 pm
8:30 am to 12:00 NOON
9:00 am to 1:00 pm
|Pigeon Forge Office
|Saturday (ONLY)||9:00 am to 5:00 pm|