Want to Take a Walk on the Wild Side? Pigeon Forge TN has an event for perfect for you and your entire family!
Gatlinburg Tennessee is home to some of the most interesting wildlife in Tennessee. The Smoky Mountains offer a perfect home for bears and birds alike, and many of our Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge cabin guests have enjoyed the experience of being right in the middle of them all. This week the city of Pigeon Forge, TN is hosting a free event entitled “Wilderness Wildlife Week” which is a great opportunity for visitors and locals to learn more about the Smoky Mountains and the animals that call Gatlinburg, TN home.
This year marks the 20th annual Wildlife Week in Pigeon Forge, and it is sure to entertain. The event features classes covering many topics including fishing, camping, rock formations, photography, snakes, the Smokies, weather, and much more.
This is a perfect opportunity for people staying in our Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge cabins
to learn more about the wildlife in the Smokies.
Not only does the event feature spectacular classes for adults, there are also classes that are perfect for children too. A few children's events of high interest are:
- Friday 4:45-5:30pm- KIDS TRACK: Wings of America – Live Bird Show
- Saturday 10:00-11:30am- KIDS TRACK: Games for the Young at Heart
- Saturday 1:00-2:00pm- KIDS TRACK: Silly Safaris Show – Live Animal Show
Looking for something a little….different? Here are some classes to try:
- Thursday 8:00-11:00am– Basic visual Tracking
- Thursday 11:00-12:00pm– Snakes! Do They Really Do That?
- Thursday 2:00-3:00pm- Appalachian Funnies – a Clean Joke Contest for Young and Old
- Thursday 7:30pm- Slow Jam
- Friday 8:30-10:00pm- Learn to Play the Harmonica in the Key of C
- Friday 1:00-2:00pm- Unusual Camping Tricks and Gizmos
- Saturday 5:00-5:45pm The Perry’s Camp Murders- One of Sevier County’s Most Infamous Murders
A schedule of events can be found at Events