Be it a fun-filled family reunion, a life-changing church retreat, or a strategic team-building getaway, large group trips in the Smoky Mountains can be difficult to put together. Small or large, group trips are meant to be filled with good times: to bring people closer together, to get away from the everyday rush, and to get a fresh perspective on life, among other things. While all these benefits are greatly desired, planning a large group trip or retreat on your own is not as easy as one would hope — but it could be.
Whatever group trip you’re planning to the Smoky Mountains – Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg – our large group lodges offer the space and amenities you need to make it happen. Skip the generic, crowded, and uncomfortable hotels and bring your large group to one of our amenity-packed, large group cabins where you can entertain every guest while fellowshipping and growing closer in the magical setting of the Smoky Mountains! Your next big event just got a lot less stressful and way more exciting!
A comfortable, spacious, functional place to stay is, without a doubt, the most important piece of the group trip puzzle. Plenty of room so no one feels cramped, enough beds so everyone is cozy, and special amenities to keep everyone entertained are essential for retreats and reunions. Unlike hotels, which can feel impersonal and isolated, large group lodges help bring people together by providing a home with more than enough space for everyone to feel not only comfortable but also content.
Weddings in the Smoky Mountains
Destination weddings can be a daunting task as you try to organize hotel stays, the ceremony, and the reception with friends and family. Instead of directing friends and family to multiple hotel rooms, have everyone stay and celebrate this special time in a large group cabin…being together – which is the whole point of inviting family and friends to a wedding!
- Take advantage of space for up to 50+ guests for a wedding.
- Hold a traditional ceremony in one of the lovely mountain wedding chapels in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.
- Spend the days leading up to your wedding enjoying in-cabin spa days with your bridesmaids and groomsmen.
- Bond over games in the rec room and wedding comedies in the theater room.
- Host a bridesmaids’ brunch or enjoy day-of champagne while getting ready.
- Send the groomsmen out for a hike on one of the many trails in the area.
- Have a fun joint bachelor/bachelorette party in the cabin – with games, drinks, and silly slideshows on the TV.
- Hire a local caterer like Chef Jeremy with Savory Solutions to create a beautiful wedding menu for your intimate cabin wedding.
Corporate + Group Retreats
Whether it is a retreat for businesses, couples, men, women, or youth, it’s much easier to have fun as a group and keep everyone entertained in a lodge with Cabins for YOU! Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are home to numerous religious and special interest events, along with hundreds of attractions.
Plan a relaxing getaway with your Sunday School ladies, an adventurous mountain excursion with a sports team or youth group, or a fun team-building trip with your small-business employees in a cabin where everyone can bond and get to know each other better.
Here are a few perks of using a large Smoky Mountain lodge for your next group retreat:
- Big screen TVs, movie libraries, Blu-ray and DVD players for group movie nights
- Community pool access for summer fun and private indoor pools for year-round swimming
- Rec rooms with pool, foosball, air hockey, shuffleboard, or arcade games perfect for youth groups
- Spacious decks for fresh air and a break from the group
- Easy access to hundreds of group-friendly attractions in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge
Team Building + Group Activities
Encourage your group to let loose by visiting interesting local attractions. With so many fun things to do in the Smokies, it may be difficult to select where to go and what to see on your retreat or reunion. To make things easier, present a few options to your group before the trip and take a vote on everyone’s favorites so the pressure of choosing doesn’t rest on your shoulders alone – or cause tension during the trip!
You can’t take a trip to the Great Smoky Mountains without some quality time in the great outdoors. Really get to know one another on a hike through a forest, to a waterfall, or up a mountain. Church groups can really appreciate the historic churches as well!
Great Smoky Arts and Crafts Community
Don’t forget to grab a few local souvenirs to remind you of all the good times together in the Smokies. Spending a day walking around the shops and meeting the talented artisans here is a great way to get in quality time as a group, especially for a more laid-back getaway.
Group Event + Conference Centers
Along with a place for everyone to sleep and stay, any group trip starts with a great meeting and event space. Again, groups have some great options in that arena. From athletic teams to church and corporate groups to large families, the group event spaces in the Smoky Mountains have everyone covered.