Snowcapped peaks, twinkling lights, cocoa by the fireplace, gingerbread cookies…it’s never too early to plan your Christmas vacation in the Great Smoky Mountains. In fact, Dolly Parton (our local lovely) is taking her holiday plans up a notch by appearing in an all-new Christmas movie with Hallmark — featuring her very own Dollywood theme park! Centered around a blossoming love story between two unlikely characters that must work together to create a hit show for the 20th anniversary of the Smoky Mountain Christmas festival, Christmas at Dollywood will show just how magical Christmas truly is at Dollywood. Sound like a beautiful Christmas story? Write your own when you experience the magic of Smoky Mountain Christmas at Dollywood during your holiday stay in the Smokies!
Smoky Mountain Christmas at Dollywood
Named the best in America for many years running, the Smoky Mountain Christmas festival at Dollywood is award-winning for many reasons — and it just keeps getting bigger and better! Held this year from November 9, 2019 – January 4, 2020, this classic holiday festival will be one you won’t want to miss…they’re even making a movie about it.
• Enter Glacier Ridge, the newest and largest Christmas expansion yet! Gaze upon the 50-foot Christmas tree, watch a brilliant light show, walk among the Northern Lights, and enjoy this captivating winter wonderland.
• See musical productions, featuring classic holiday themes, like It’s a Wonderful Life, O’ Holy Night, and ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas. And harken to traditional tunes and modern songs by Appalachian Christmas, Kingdom Heirs, and the MistleTones!
• Meet and greet famed Christmas characters! Pet Rudolph’s red nose, hop on Santa’s lap, shake hands with jolly elves, and more. The park is filled to the brim with festive personas during the holidays!
• Sip cocoa and sit back for the Parade of Many Colors! Boasting more than 5 million lights, unique and colorful floats, and beloved holiday characters, this is a Christmas parade like no other. Begins nightly at 8:15 p.m. during the festival.
• Draw inspiration from the true meaning of Christmas. Attend a holiday service at the Smoky Mountain Christmas Chapel, a traditional country church with wooden pews and gospel tunes. Held every Sunday at 5:30 p.m. during the festival.
Spreading the Christmas Cheer
Dollywood isn’t the only holiday delight you can enjoy this Christmas in celebration of the new film. Dolly loves to spread the festivities to all her attractions in Pigeon Forge — with special holiday performances and meals!
Dolly Parton’s Stampede Dinner Attraction
It’s North Pole versus South Pole as the elves gear up to serve you a festive feast in a friendly competition! In the arena, transformed with classic holiday decorations, watch as toys come to life, horses dance to Christmas beats, 3 wise men travel to Bethlehem by camel, and Santa waves to the crowd in his sleigh.
Pirates Voyage Dinner & Show
Get ready for a pirate twist on a classic Christmas tale by Charles Dickins. Yep, you guessed it — A Christmas Carol! Venture with Captain Scrooge as he’s taken on a nautical journey filled with Christmas spirits, look forward to a battle between the Crimson and Sapphire crews for Christmas treasure, and see seafaring wisemen in a live nativity, all while enjoying a holiday meal.
Christmas Cabin Stay
Add to your Christmas vacay in the Smokies with a cabin stay. Cabins for YOU features cabins of all shapes and sizes for all budgets with tons of amenities to choose from! Whip up hot chocolate in the fully equipped kitchen, munch on candy canes with a Christmas classic in the home theater, soak in the steamy hot tub under the stars, and curl up by the stone fireplace for a read.
Some cabins even come with Christmas decorations! And you’re free to bring your own, too. Can you imagine decorating the tree with your little ones and stunning mountain views only a glance away? Who knows? Your dream of a white Christmas may even come true here!
• Outdoor Hot tub
• Heated indoor pool
• Theater room
• TV in every bedroom
• Game tables (pool, air hockey, foosball, etc.)
• Arcade games
• King-size beds
• Indoor jetted tub
• Fireplaces (wood-burning, electric, or gas)
• Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Mountain, river, wooded, or city views
Get ready for the December release of Christmas at Dollywood — as part of Hallmark’s classic Countdown to Christmas — by planning your Christmas stay in the Smokies today!