Ah, it’s the start of a brand-new year, and you know what that means…New Year’s resolutions. Now, hold on, don’t fret, and take a deep breath. You’re in control here, and your New Year’s resolutions don’t have to be extremely demanding or over-the-top impossible. Start with something you wish to change and commit to improving that area more. That’s all there is to it. You don’t have to meet a certain number, pull a 180, or learn a tough skill by a certain date…that’s a lot of pressure. And who needs that at the beginning of a new year? No one.
So, pick one area and get started at your own pace, taking steps towards your goal one decision at a time. And if it’s a jumpstart you need, we highly recommend taking a trip to the Great Smoky Mountains, filled to the brim with all you’ll need to relax, exercise, experience, learn, and spend quality time with loved ones more.
If you tend to feel tightly wound, on edge, or unable to take a deep breath most of the time, relaxing more would be a great start to your New Year’s resolutions. Everyone needs time to decompress from the woes of everyday life. And your secluded Smoky Mountain cabin is just the place to sit back and unwind.
- Soak tired muscles in the bubbly hot tub overlooking stunning mountain scenery with rolling clouds across the majestic peaks.
- Opt for an in-cabin massage that will leave you feeling like a new you without needing to leave the privacy of the cabin.
- Enjoy a spa bath in the master suite’s indoor jetted tub with tranquil tunes and scented candles before slipping into the soft king-size sheets.
Need to drop some weight, strengthen your heart, or build muscles? Exercising more can be a great addition to your New Year’s resolutions, whether it means taking a walk every now and then or popping into the gym regularly. Staying active on your trip to the Smokies is easy as exercise in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is fun.
- Hike to beautiful waterfalls, enjoying breathtaking sights and wondrous wildlife along the way, with 800+ miles of trails.
- Ride bicycles around Cades Cove along the loop road that passes open meadows, historic structures, and thick forests.
- Run to the top of the Great Smoky Mountains — literally — at Clingmans Dome where awaits a gorgeous 360 view at 6,643 feet.
If you feel stuck in the same ole routine, bored by everyday entertainment, or weighed down by the monotony of life, why not try new things and experience more this year? A great place to start is in the Smokies, with exciting Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg attractions.
- Scenic Helicopter Tours
- TopJump Trampoline & Extreme Arena
- Gatlinburg SkyLift Park
- Flyaway Indoor Skydiving
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies
- The Island in Pigeon Forge
- Pirates Voyage Dinner & Show
- Dollywood Amusement Park
- Wears Valley Zipline Adventures
- Ober Gatlinburg Amusement Park & Ski Area
- The Village Shops
- Hollywood Wax Museum
- Crave Golf Club (putt putt on the roof!)
- Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud
- Foxfire Mountain Adventure Park
- Outdoor Gravity Park
- Gatlinburg Space Needle
- The Old Mill
- Pigeon Forge Snow
- Sevier Air Trampoline & Ninja Warrior Park
Perhaps you feel like your mind has been dulled, conversations are repetitive, and you’re in need of mental stimulation. Setting an easy goal to learn more this year may be the right move for you. Visiting museums, talking with the locals, and taking guided tours in the Smokies will help!
- Pick up intriguing facts at a multiplicity of museums with topics on the Titanic, crime, Hollywood, Southern gospel, airplanes, and more!
- Speak with local crafters in the Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Community, home to the largest group of independent artisans in the nation.
- Study the intricacies of the most visited national park in the United States with professionally guided tours.
Spend Quality Time with Loved Ones More
No matter what your New Year’s resolutions turn out to be, it’s always a great idea to add in more quality time with family and friends who love you. And what better way than to travel to the Great Smoky Mountains? Play in the national park and in town, then return to your amenity-loaded cabin with incredible mountain views together!
- Host game tournaments with classic arcade units, game tables (like pool, air hockey, and foosball), and a wet bar in the rec room.
- Watch favorite movies on the massive screen in the home theater with surround sound and theater-style seating.
- Opt for a cabin with a heated private indoor pool so everyone can splash, wade, and play Marco Polo in winter!
Cabins for YOU properties also provide a fully equipped kitchen and additional amenity options, like hot tubs, king-size beds, big screen TVs, wireless internet, washer/dryers, easier driveways, convenient locations, and much more!
Kick-start YOUR new year with no-pressure resolutions in the relaxing, challenging, fun, fact-filled, and memorable Great Smoky Mountains!