Our Gatlinburg cabins boast fully equipped kitchens, so it’s easy to make snacks and meals in the cabin. If you’ll be here for the summer, particularly over 4th of July weekend, you’ll definitely want to take advantage of your cabin’s kitchen and grill. These recipes from delish.com are savory and sweet and
Burger ‘n Fries Foil Packs | delish.com | 4 servings
What’s more summer – and 4th of July – than grilling out with burgers and fries?!
- Cooking spray, for foil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. bag frozen fries
- 4 slices cheddar
- Pickles, for serving
- Sliced tomatoes, for serving
- Ketchup, for drizzling
- Mustard, for drizzling
- Heat grill to medium-high and spray 4 sheets of aluminum foil with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, Worcestershire, and garlic powder and season with salt and pepper. Form into four patties.
- Place each patty on a sheet of aluminum foil with frozen fries. Fold up foil packs.
- Grill 10 minutes, then open foil packs and top patties with cheddar. Cover grill to let melt, 2 minutes.
- Top burgers with pickles and tomatoes and drizzle with ketchup and mustard.
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Corn | delish.com | 10 servings
Few things smell better in summer than corn fresh off the grill, and this bacon-topped twist is perfect for 4th of July!
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ears corn
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 6 slices cooked bacon, finely crumbled
- freshly chopped chives
- Ranch, for drizzling
- Heat grill to medium high. In a small bowl, stir together butter and ranch seasoning and season with pepper. Rub ranch butter on corn.
- Grill until lightly charred, 10 minutes. Top with cheddar and cover grill to melt, 2 minutes.
- Top with cooked bacon and chives and drizzle with ranch.
Firecracker Strawberries | delish.com | 10 servings
Before the fireworks go off in the sky, make your own firework-inspired treat that’s easy to make in the cabin!
- 3 c. strawberries
- 4 c. vodka
- 1 1/2 c. marshmallow crème
- 1 c. blue pop rocks
- Place strawberries in a large bowl and pour over vodka until the berries are fully submerged.
- Place in refrigerator and let soak for at least 1 hour. Drain strawberries, reserving vodka for future use.
- Pat berries dry with a paper towel. Microwave marshmallow crème for 10 seconds. Dip berries first in fluff, then into Pop Rocks. Serve.
Patriotic Bark | delish.com | 6 – 8 servings
This red-white-and-blue, sweet-and-salty fun 4th of July treat is sure to be a hit with kids and adults!
- 11 oz. white chocolate
- 1/3 c. pretzels
- 1/3 c. roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 c. mini M&M’s
- red, white, and blue confetti
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place white chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over pan of simmering water. Stir continuously until melted.
- Pour chocolate on to parchment-lined baking sheet. Using an offset spatula spread chocolate to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle pretzels, roasted almonds, red, white and blue confetti and red and blue chocolate-covered candy on top.
- Transfer to refrigerator for chocolate to set, about 20 minutes. Keep chilled until ready to serve.