Whether your daughter is a little girl or all grown up, your relationship with her is irreplaceable. Celebrate that relationship this year by making special memories together in the Smokies. You can plan a special Smoky Mountain retreat for just the two of you with our Girlfriends Weekend vacation package. This includes two nights in any budget-friendly cabin, a Snack Attack basket, and a Spirit of the Smokies basket.
But even if you’re traveling to the Smokies with the whole family, you can make plans for a mother-daughter day of fun. There are plenty of activities in the Smoky Mountains for mothers and daughters of all ages to enjoy. For some ideas, check out our top 10 list below.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies—If your daughter is still young, plan for an outing that both of you can enjoy at Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies. This large aquarium has two levels of exhibits, including the Tropical Rainforest, Shark Lagoon, and Penguin Playhouse. They even have unique experiences like the Penguin Encounter, where you and your daughter can pet a penguin and get a souvenir photo with one to take home.
- Ober Gatlinburg—A scenic chairlift, alpine slide, ice skating rink, wildlife encounter, carousel, chair swing, mini golf course, ski slopes, shops, and restaurants: you’ll find all this and more at Ober Gatlinburg. Bring your daughter to the top of the mountain for a day of fun with unlimited possibilities.
- Fannie Farkle’s—If you’re looking for a unique place to eat with your little girl, try Fannie Farkle’s in downtown Gatlinburg. This restaurant/gaming center is open all year and features a Smoky Mountain staple: Ogle Dogs. Bring your daughter for a homemade foot long corn dog (Ogle Dog) and play some games together in their Amusement Center. This will be a girls’ dinner experience like no other.
- The Island—One of the newest attractions in Pigeon Forge, The Island has places to shop, places to eat, and places to play—in other words, it’s your one-stop destination for mother-daughter fun. Enjoy the new Paula Deen restaurant or a ride on the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel at this one-of-a-kind attraction.
- Titanic Museum Attraction—Maybe your daughter is a history buff. Maybe she likes to visit museums and learn about the past. If so, pay a visit to the Titanic Museum Attraction in Pigeon Forge. You can learn about original passengers and crew of the ill-fated ship, feel the chill of 28-degree water, and see replicas of the original architecture, including the Grand Staircase.
- Tanger Outlets—What girl doesn’t like to shop? For mothers and daughters of all ages, be sure to check out the Tanger Outlets in Sevierville. You’ll find discounted prices on all your favorite items from purses to jewelry to clothes. Check out New York & Company, White House|Black Market, Pandora, Vera Bradley, the Disney Store, and Claire’s—among many others. For a complete listing of stores, click here.
- Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Community—Arts and crafts are making a comeback with the current DIY craze. So feed your daughter’s creative side with a visit to the Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Community in Gatlinburg. This is the largest group of independent artisans in North America, and you’ll find everything from handmade candles and jewelry to hand-painted dolls. Who knows—maybe you’ll find a new craft that you and your daughter can start doing together!
- Rocky Top Wine Trail—If your daughter is all grown up, you can still find fun things to do together while you’re in the Smokies. A tour of the Rocky Top Wine Trail is a great place to start. Visit some of the top wineries in the Smokies, and spend the day sipping wine together while you talk and reconnect.
- Great Smoky Mountain Murder Mystery Show—One of the top-rated dinner shows in the area, the Great Smoky Mountain Murder Mystery Show makes for a fun girls’ night out during your Smoky Mountain getaway. This show will keep you guessing as you enjoy a tasty dinner of soup, entrée, and dessert. They even have vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options should you need them.
- In-Cabin Massage—A mother-daughter retreat is the perfect time to celebrate your relationship and treat yourself right. So don’t hesitate to book your in-cabin massage! Enjoy a relaxing time together as you unwind from the stress and responsibilities of home. You both deserve it!