Gatlinburg attracts numbers of tourists every year. There have been many attractions built to accommodate the tourists and keep them happy. One of the many tourist attractions that has been around for years is the Gatlinburg Sky Lift. The Sky Lift was very difficult to assemble and was also extremely expensive, but since it was built in 1953, it has been a huge success. This Ski Lift gives a great view and a wonderful experience. The Sky Lift runs directly over The Little Pigeon River then elevates up to a height of 1,800 ft. When you reach the top of your scenic journey, there is a Gift Shop, Picnic Area, and Snack Shop for you and your family to enjoy. You also have the option of getting your picture taken while you are riding up the Sky Lift. One more great amenity of The Gatlinburg Sky Lift is that it is handicap accessible. There are employees there to serve you when getting on the lift if you are in a wheelchair. Gatlinburg Sky Lift is an affordable way for you and your family to enjoy your trip to the great Smoky Mountains. You can view more information on their website: www.gatlinburgskylift.com/.
- Adults - $12.00 (including tax)
- Children (Ages 3 thru 11) - $9.00 (including tax)
*Group rates are available for groups of 15 people or more. Must call for more information and rates.
Hours of Operation
- April through May - 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- June through August - 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- September through October - 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- November through March - call for times
- Souvenir Photos - Near the top of the ride, they take a photo of you.
- Handicapped Accessible - Personnel available to assist as well as wheel chairs at the top of the mountain.
- Gift Shop
- Snack Bar
*Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. For guaranteed information, please visit the attractions main website.