Visit their Website
Ober Gatlinburg Ski Resort
Ober Gatlinburg offers 8 ski trails serviced by one chairlift. Slopes are maintained with the latest in snow-grooming equipment to create a better skiing atmosphere. The slopes open early to late December every year. The resort is open longer on the weekends.
Also located at the Ober Gatlinburg Ski Resort is a year-round ice skating rink. The indoor arena is 140' X 75'. The ice skating rink has over 400 skate rentals for men, women, and children.
Don't forget about the Scenic Chairlift at Ober Gatlinburg. The weight limit is 342 pounds. The ride starts at the customer service office where you will be instructed on everything about your ride including your safety. The air time is about 15 minutes. Pictures can be taken and are available upon request.
Along with the fantastic scenic lift is America's largest aerial tramway. This ride departs regularly from downtown Gatlinburg and goes directly to Ober Gatlinburg Ski Resort and Amusement Park. You can ride one of 2 counter balance cars that hold up to 120 people.
Ober's Amusement Park
Ober Gatlinburg has so many more things to offer than just skiing or a few really cool scenic rides. Things that the amusement park offer include:
- Alpine Slide - Descend on one of two 1800' tracks.
- Arcade and Redemption Center - Fun games.
- Wildlife Encounter - Come see nature in the Smoky Mountains
- Kiddie Land - A place for young visitors to enjoy. Nice play area.
- Miniature Golf - 18 hole course located inside the mall.
- Spider Web Velcro Wall Jump - Run and jump against a wall and get stuck.
- Water Rides - Ober's Lighten' Raft Fun and Blue Cyclone. In the Blue Cyclone you will reach speeds of 30 mph and pull 2.9 G's.