Uh oh, missed all the “subtle” hints and forgot to make plans for Valentine’s Day? No worries! We’re here to help you plan a last-minute — and memorable — Valentine’s getaway in the Great Smoky Mountains. After all, this year’s lovey-dovey festivities land on a Friday, February 14, making a 3-day weekend retreat possible. Just imagine the look on your sweetheart’s face when you swap (or pair) the flowers, box of chocolates, and a nice dinner with a romantic weekend getaway to a secluded cabin nestled in the majestic mountains. Brownie points, extra kisses, and beautiful memories could be YOURS this Valentine’s Day!
Romantic Cabin Retreat
After singing your song on repeat in the car together, arrive to your romantic retreat tucked away in the Smoky Mountain trees. Leave the bags at the door and literally sweep your love off their feet, over the threshold, and into your cabin suite. Continue into the kitchen where a dozen roses await your partner’s smile. Head through to the living room with bright windows framing stunning mountain scenes and onto the deck to take in the fresh air together. It’s time to relax, unwind, and spend quality time with your Valentine.
While a weekend getaway is always nice, a Valentine’s weekend getaway at a Smoky Mountain cabin is special — with top-notch cabin amenities!
- Soak in the steamy hot tub under the stars.
- Unwind in the master suite’s plush king-size bed.
- Take a midnight dip in the heated private indoor pool.
- Whip up breakfast in bed in the fully equipped kitchen.
- Sip coffee in the rocking chairs or porch swing on deck.
- Shoot pool or play games in the rec space.
- Watch romantic comedies on the big screen TV.
- Grill a steak dinner for 2 on the gas/charcoal grill.
- Slip into the heart-shaped jetted tub for a spa bath together.
- Pop on the gas/electric fireplace — with a glass of local red to set the mountain mood.
Looking to spice things up at the cabin for Valentine’s? Opt for flowers, a massage for 2, a personal chef, and gift baskets!
- Welcome your love to your cabin home with a dozen roses or bouquet of wildflowers.
- Walk into the bedroom to find the bed or bath with rose petals and intimate extras.
- Invite a masseuse to give a couple’s massage (from Swedish to deep tissue) at the cabin.
- Schedule a personal chef to prepare and clean up a 4-course, candlelit feast in the evening.
- Give your love a special gift basket — from 7 options with treats, spa items, and keepsakes!
Fun in Town
While romancing at the cabin is really all you’ll need, we do recommend popping into town every now and then for musical shows, shopping centers, fun activities, entertaining museums, fine dining, and oh-so-much more! After all, it’s another great way to make memories on your romantic getaway in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg.
Romantic Pigeon Forge Attractions
- Smoky Mountain Opry | Harken to musical feats and watch performers groove to the beats — from every decade — at this hopping theater.
- The Timberwood Grill | Enjoy delicious food, drink, and dessert at The Timberwood Grill, with special items like salmon and avocado salad or an all-natural bison burger.
- Mountain Valley Winery | Sip free tastings of exclusive wines and take a bottle of your favorite back to the cabin after a personal tour of the winery.
- Great Smoky Mountain Wheel | Kiss atop The Island’s famous Ferris wheel with breathtaking views of the Smokies all around.
- Dollywood | Explore, ride all the rides, eat tons of treats, watch local craft demos, meet eagles, and more at this exciting theme park.
Romantic Gatlinburg Attractions
- Anakeesta | Stroll hand-in-hand 40+ feet in the tree canopy, duel zipline together, and watch the sun set over the mountains with a meal.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies | Walk through multiple levels of majestic sea critters, see an adorable penguin paint, and grab matching souvenir Ts before you go.
- The Peddler Steakhouse | Dine riverside at this local favorite that features delectable entrees, fine wine, and mouthwatering desserts.
- The Village Shops | Peruse the 27 shops and eateries around this fairytale village inspired by classic European architecture.
- Gatlinburg SkyPark | Ride the chairlift to the top of Crockett Mountain, walk across the longest pedestrian suspension bridge in North America, and dine with the mountains.
Pro Tip: the most visited national park in the country is only a hop, skip, and a jump from our cabins. Be sure to take your beloved for a walk, picnic, or outdoor adventure in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
It’s not too late to plan — make this Valentine’s Day memorable for the special someone in your life with a cabin trip to the Great Smoky Mountains!