Gatlinburg Tennessee is a very exciting resort town. At time it is easy to get caught up in the mountain atmosphere. Just like any other resort destination, there are a few things you should not do. Listed below are a few things you should avoid in Gatlinburg TN (some funny, some not)!
- Cabins During the Winter - Ok, not exactly what you are thinking. This past weekend some guests were not able to reach their mountain cabin because of inclement weather. Early snow leads us all to believe that this winter will be cooler and more wet. Because of these issues, we think customers should consider travel insurance.
- Candy and Fudge - Again, probably not what you are thinking about. If you do not want to eat some of the best fudge and candy around then do not visit the downtown Parkway.
- The Parkway - The Parkway in downtown Gatlinburg TN is very busy. Almost everyone who visits the location love to walk the strip and window shopping. Please be aware there are several crosswalk and pedestrians have the right-of-way. Cars must proceed with caution (Getting Around Gatlinburg). Taking the trolley might be an easier option.
- Feeding The Bears -This can be a very serious issue. Do not, at all cost, feed the bears, leave food out to attract bears, or annoy the bears. This is against the law and can be very dangerous.
- Icy Mountain Roads - During the winter months the mountain roads of Gatlinburg will occasionally ice over. We highly recommend vehicles with 4-wheel drive. Always use caution when driving on the roads. Adding trip insurance helps remove some of the stress.
- GPS Navigation - We highly recommend using the driving directions from your rental company and not the directions from GPS devices. GPS devices do work sometimes but are not as reliable as the directions from your rental company.