Is this really the most wonderful time of the year? We think so…it's at least the best time to take a vacation. No city and surrounding businesses around American have Christmas and Holiday festivities like resort destinations. Beside the normal lights and decorations on the streets most resort cities and business go a step further. They plan elaborate shows, decorate store windows, and have seasonal events. Gatlinburg Tennessee might take it a step further. Gatlinburg successfully stretches the season out for 3 months.
Listed below are the top 10 reasons why you should come to Gatlinburg for the Christmas season.
- The city and local businesses are beautifully decorated. Almost all take part in this wonderful celebration.
- Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge have one of the best light displays around the southeast. It is called Gatlinburg Winter Magic.
- You have to opportunity to experience Christmas and New Years. Only one week separates these major holidays.
- Some of the areas Gatlinburg cabins will be decorated by their owners. Some owners will have trees, lights, and wreaths. Ask your management company for specifics.
- About 5 miles from downtown Gatlinburg guests can experience Dollywood Theme Park. Dollywood offers one of the best Christmas celebrations in the southeast.
- If you are in Gatlinburg you will have the option to bring in the new year will thousands of other fans of the Smoky Mountains.
- Take your family on the Trolley Ride of Lights (Guided Tour of Gatlinburg Winter Magic).
- Sweet Fanny Adams in Gatlinburg TN will host “Yuletide Madness”
- Go Skiing at Ober Gatlinburg (or ice skating if that is more fun).
- Enjoy story telling by Gatlinburg Winter Tunes and Tales as you walk the downtown parkway.
Gatlinburg TN will be extreme crowded during the last few weeks of December. It is highly recommend to reserve as close to Gatlinburg as possible so you can minimize driving. To also help minimize driving consider taking the Gatlinburg Trolley
For the best view of Gatlinburg TN consider booking Absolute Heaven. On the River, Poolin Around, Skinny Dipping, River Romance, Simone’s Cottage and Seth’s Red Oak Lodge all have easy access Gatlinburg (walking distance).