Picture the scenario: you're planning your long-awaited vacation to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. You've finished the packing, made arrangements for the pets, ensured that everything around the house is in order, when suddenly it dawns on you – what are the kids going to do?! While vacations are generally escapes from the stressors and agitations of everyday life, accommodating your children, particularly those young kids ten and under, can be a trying task on its own. Because of this, it always helps to gain some insight into some kid-friendly sites in the area. Below are just a few of the locations in the Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge area that can ensure entertainment (some of which can even be educational) for your little ones.
The Gatlinburg Space Needle
– Features a 400 foot glass elevator ride, laser tag, an arcade, and moreRipley's Believe It Or Not Aquarium
– Over 10,000 creatures from 350 different individual species, along with many other activitiesThe Christmas Place
– A Christmas village filled with all the wonders of the season
Dixie Stampede – A dinner and show combination featuring a four-course meal with live animals and a light showGatlinburg Sky Lift
– The number one scenic overlook of the areaThe Comedy Barn Theater
– A comedy variety show that has something for all age groups
Hillbilly Golf – A non-strenuous mini-golf course that is perfect for younger childrenDollywood
– The famous family friendly, downhome amusement park
These are just a few of the many locations in the Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge area that can provide ample entertainment for younger children. As for how to escape and get some time for yourself. . .well, that's a task for another article.