It is time to start planning your summer vacation to Gatlinburg Tennessee. Why? The official start of summer is just around the corner and most school age kids are for summer break. It is time to start planning what attractions you will visit, where your family will dine and possibly what cabin your family will reserve. Beside booking your accommodations, the next most time consuming activity is planning what summer attractions and activities your family might enjoy.
Below is a list of attractions that might be more enjoyable during the summer months in Gatlinburg TN.
- Great Smoky Mountain National Park - Definitely one of the biggest attractions near Gatlinburg TN. With around 800 miles of hiking trails, this is one activity that might take all summer. For more information visit here and for safety information visit here.
- White Water Rafting - What is more fun than jumping into a raft and heading down the Pigeon River. What a way to cool yourself and family off! Visit here for more information.
- Ober Gatlinburg - Ober Gatlinburg offers skiing during the winter time and and amusement park during the summer time. You can view their list of attractions at Ober Gatlinburg Amusement Park.
- Space Needle -Incredivle views of Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountains. Everyone should experience these views at least once.
- Mini Golf - Prefect for families during the earlier evening hours. I am not going to list one inparticular because there are several great locations right on the parkway in downtown Gatlinburg TN.
- Off Road Voyages - Enjoy a true off road experience though Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountains. For more information visit www.offroadvoyages.com
For more information about summer activities, events, cabins, and restaurants, please visit the Gatlinburg Chamber of Commerce at www.gatlinburg.com.