Each year thousands of people visit Gatlinburg Tennessee for family vacations, youth retreats, honeymoons, or anniversaries and it is no wonder! There is certainly plenty of things to do, see and eat while in Gatlinburg TN
. However, there are some attractions that you just cannot miss! The following attractions, landmarks and restaurants are some of the most popular in the area and they are what keeps people coming back year after year. Some of these activities can only be done during the hot summer months but the majority of downtown is packed with activities you can enjoy all year long. These Gatlinburg attractions
are listed in no particular order and all should be visited at least once.
- Rafting in the Smokies - Rafting in the Smokies is located in Gatlinburg Tennessee and has 30+ years of experience. You can get first hand experience at battling the rapids on the Upper Section of the Big Pigeon River. The staff is well trained, experienced and friendly so there is no better place to take a ride on the rapids.
- Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre - For 32 seasons the Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre has been the top show in the Smokies. This theatre is the only musical comedy attraction and the oldest theatre in the Gatlinburg Tennessee area. For years the Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre proves to be an outrageously hilarious show full of fun for the entire family.
- Great Smoky Arts and Crafts Community - This historic 8-mile loop is a Tennessee Heritage Arts & Crafts Trail. This Arts & Crafts Trail was established in 1937 and the artisans inside whittle, paint, sew, cast, weave and carve to create masterpieces such as candles, baskets, quilts, brooms, pottery, jewelry, dolls, leather, stained glass and fine photography. The Gatlinburg Arts & Crafts Community is a must see when coming to Gatlinburg.
- Cooter’s Place - Do you remember the famous TV show, Dukes of Hazzard? If you so, and you are a fan then stop by Cooter’s Place in downtown Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Cooter’s Place is a museum full of memorabilia from the famous TV series. You can even purchase your own Dukes Of Hazzard souvenirs. So if you are a fan stop in next time you are in Gatlinburg.
- Hillbilly Golf - Built on the side of a mountaintop Hillbilly Golf is a unique miniature golf course that will having you running into moonshine stills, outhouses, rocky walls and many native plants. This one of a kind golf course sends you on a ride up the mountain and when you are done catch a tram back down and add up your scores to see who won.
- Gatlinburg Space Needle and Family Fun Center - At the Gatlinburg Space Needle you will get a great view of the Great Smoky Mountains and downtown Gatlinburg TN. The Space Needle’s observation tower stands 342 feet above the ground and offers breathtaking views year-round. Downstairs, where you will catch the elevator to take you to the top, you will find an amusement center full of fun for everyone.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum - There are plenty of things in this museum to make you ask, “believe it or not?" From shrunken heads to three headed cows you will not believe what you see inside this one-of-a-kind museum. For years Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum has shocked and amazed visitors coming to the downtown Gatlinburg area.
- Hollywood Wax Museum - This newly built wax museum lets you get up close and personal with some of your favorite stars. From Angelina Jolie, Hugh Hefner, and Forrest Gump to Michael Myers, Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and the cast of Wizard of Oz you will get a chance to have your picture made beside some of your favorite movie stars.
- Ober Gatlinburg - The Ober Gatlinburg Indoor Amusement Park includes everything from arcade games and souvenir shops to indoor ice skating and skiing on the slopes. Skiing is open during the winter months and snow is made when temperatures are permitting. Ober Gatlinburg proves to be fun for everyone.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies - Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies is one of the top aquariums in the South. Visitors from everywhere come to see what’s happening at this large and unique aquarium. With a large, overhead tank and moving sidewalk and you can see the fish at the 360 degree angle.
There is something for everyone to enjoy in Gatlinburg Tennessee. Kids and adults alike will not leave without having enjoyed something incredible. Gatlinburg TN is one of the South’s most visited vacation spots and each year people return to experience new attractions and even more fun!
Don't forget about the Gatlinburg cabins offered in the quaint city of Gatlinburg TN. For more information regarding our Gatlinburg cabins and accommodations, please call a reservation specialist at 1.800.684.7865.