Summer Tips for Gatlinburg
Planning a vacation for this summer? No need to spend an obscene amount of money. Just plan a trip to Gatlinburg Tennessee. Did you know that two thirds of the United States is driving distance from Gatlinburg TN. It’s true. We know gas prices are high with the threat of them getting higher, so we have listed some tips on saving money but having a blast on your summer vacation to Gatlinburg, TN.
- Filling up the gas tank on an average size car would be between $50-$60.
- Go with a group of people to cut down on the cost of renting a Gatlinburg cabin per person and split the cost of gas.
- Try to stay at a cabin that has things to do inside the cabin such as board games, pool tables, foosball tables, air hockey tables, movie rooms, etc.
- Most of the time if you stay in a cabin that is located in a resort you will have access to a pool. Spend the days by the pool and nights in your hot tub.
- If you rent a cabin that is walking distance to downtown Gatlinburg TN then leave the car at the cabin and walk. Save money on gas and parking. Not to mention walking is good exercise.
- Did you know it only cost a quarter to ride the Gatlinburg trolley? If your cabin is near a trolley stop walk to the stop and then ride the trolley.
So far we’ve discussed ways to save money on gas and parking. Don’t think everything in Gatlinburg is expensive. There are several Gatlinburg attractions and restaurants that won’t leave you bankrupt. For instance, at Fannie Farkles you can eat and play. They have become famous for their foot long corn dogs. That’s a big corn dog! They also have shaved ice, sausage subs, drinks and more mouthwatering food and drinks at a good price. As far as amusement goes they have “old school” and “new school” games. Play Pac Man, Centipede, Tic Tac Toe, Skee Ball, Crane Game, and many more. They also have Internet hookup. You’ll only plan on being there for an hour but you’ll loose track of time here. Gatlinburg offers many places like this. Don’t forget about the Mini Golf areas. Healthy competition never hurt anyone.
Aside from those activities, Gatlinburg does have several things you could do for free! Summer brings in warmer weather and more outdoor activities for you on your summer vacation to Gatlinburg. Grab your friends, your camera, comfy clothes and go for a hike, nature walk, fly fishing, or ride your bike through the mountains (if you think to bring it). Have a cookout at your cabin and spend some time laughing and making memories. You and your traveling companions can even make up your own game. Make up a picture scavenger hunt and split into groups to see who can get all the pictures first.
Do keep in mind that Cabins For You offers many budget cabins. We also offer specials on some of our Gatlinburg cabins and Pigeon Forge cabins. Waiting until closer to the time that you are wanting to go on your summer vacation to Gatlinburg TN could benefit you and help you save even more. Sometimes specials as much as 50% off a cabin are available.