The community center is Gatlinburg TN is near many of our Gatlinburg Cabins
and is a great place to visit to have some family fun. There are tons of things to at the Gatlinburg TN Community Center. Inside of the Community center there is a skate park. While skating in the skate park all skaters must wear a helmet and a wristband at all times. The helmets must be approved and a chin strap is also required. Parents must fill out a application and release form. You can pick the forms up at the Gatlinburg TN Community Center Information Office. Although equipment such as hand, knee, and elbow pads are not required they are recommended. Children under the age of 8 years old must be accompanied by and supervised by a responsible adult. Reckless behavior is not acceptable. The skate park is a drug and alcohol free environment. Violation of any of the laws will result in immediately suspension from all recreation facilities and or activities.
The indoor swimming pool is open September 1 -May 31, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m., Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m., Sunday 1:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. Hours of Operation - June 1-August 31- Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m., Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Sunday 1:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. The pool closes 1/2 hour before the Community Center.
- Adults (13 years & older) $2.00
- Retired Citizens/Child (over 65 & 4-12 years) $1.50
- Adult Card - 25 visits $30.00
- Retired Citizens/Child Card - 25 visits $22.50
- Adult 6 month pass - unlimited visits $72.00
- Retired Citizen/Child pass - unlimited visits $54.00
- Swim Diapers $1.00 each
- All swimmers must wear appropriate attire.
- All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- Children under 8 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under 3 years of age must wear rubber pants or "swim" diapers. No disposable diapers.
- No food, drinks, gum or glass allowed in pool area.
- No running or horseplay in pool area.
- No misuse of equipment. Restitution will be required.
- One person at a time on diving board. ONE BOUNCE ONLY.
- Make sure area is clear before you dive. Swim to ladder to exit.
- Floats, balls or foreign objects allowed at lifeguard's discretion only.
- No diving or jumping from starting blocks without permission of lifeguard.
- No diving in shallow water. No flips or back dives off side of the pool.
- Only lap swimmers allowed in lap lanes.
- Once you leave the locker room, you must pay to re-enter the pool.
- No one allowed outside pool area in swim suit.
- Although lifeguards are on duty, parents are responsible for the safe behavior of their children.
- In case of fecal accident, the pool will close for a minimum of six (6) hours.
- Anyone not following the rules or lifeguards requests, may be suspended from all City Recreational facilities/activities.
The Bowling League are Monday through Wednesday evenings. The leagues begin in November. Cosmic Bowling is on Fridays from 8:00 - 10:00 pm. Specialty tournaments are held twice monthly on Saturday evenings.
- Before 6:00 p.m. $1.75/game
- After 6:00 p.m. $2.00/game
- Bumper Bowling additional $.50/game
- Cosmic Bowling $9.00 (includes shoes)
- League Bowling - before 6:00 p.m. $1.75/game
- League Bowling - after 6:00 p.m. $1.85/game
- Junior/Retired Citizen/Disabled $1.75
- Shoe Rental $1.14/pair + tax = $1.25
- Lockers - annual $18.26 + tax = $19.99
- Open Bowling
- Adult Card - 25 games $30.00
- Retired Citizens/Child Card - 25 games $26.25
Racquetball is also available at the Gatlinburg Community Center. Leagues are held on mornings and evenings. The Mountain Madness and USRA Sanctioned tournament are held on the second weekend in December.
Racquetball Hourly Prices
- Non-prime (before 5:00 p.m./M-F) $2.75 per person
- Prime Time (after 5:00 p.m. & weekends) $3.75 per person
- Juniors/retired citizens/disabled $2.75
- Wallyball (ball/net included) $8.00 per hour
- Racquetball Card - Prime Time - Open Play - 15 hours $34.00
- Racquetballs $3.20 per can plus tax = $3.50
- Racquet Rental $1.14 per hour plus tax = $1.25
- Ping Pong $0.25/ball
- Billiards $1.00/30 minutes
Official leagues are offered at the Community Center for the following activities: Dodge ball, 5 on 5 Basketball, 4 on 4 Coed Volleyball, Women's Volleyball.
- Any expression of physical or verbal abuse to any staff member or user of facility will result in automatic suspension and/or legal action.
- Everyone must wear non-marking tennis shoes. No street shoes.
- No misuse of equipment - restitution will be required.
- No touching or grabbing rims allowed - automatic two week suspension.
- No food, drink, smoking or tobacco products allowed in gym.
- No full court play without prior permission.
- No profanity.
- No spitting - automatic two week suspension.
- Junior goals are only for children 11 years old and younger.
- No one may leave the gym without a shirt.
- Any violation of the rules or directives by staff members may result in suspension from Recreation facilities and/or activities. Once you are suspended, you lose the privilege of using the Recreation facilities at the Community Center, City Parks, etc., (including league play at all locations) for the duration of the suspension.
The Gatlinburg Community Center also provides a fitness area.
Tone Zone Prices
- Daily - $4.00
- 6-Months - $50.00
- Monthly - $10.00
- Yearly - $100.00
Retired Citizen/Disabled Citizens Rates
- Daily - $3.00
- 6-Months - 37.50
- Monthly - $7.00
- Yearly - $75.00
Classes are held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m.
- Daily Cost $3.00
- Yearly Cost $270.00
- Booklet $25.00 per 12
Retired Citizen and Disabled Citizen Rates:
- Daily Cost $2.25
- Yearly Cost $202.50
- Booklet $18.70
There are many classes offered at the Gatlinburg Community Center. Classes that are offered include; Adult CPR, Child and Infant CPR, Standard First Aid, Scuba, Clogging, Tumbling, Karate, Tae Kwon Do, and Gymnastics Dance.
The three USTA sanctioned tournaments are sponsored by the City of Gatlinburg and held on six hard courts at Mynatt Park.
- Tennessee Junior Spring Tournament for Boys and Girls
- Singles for ages 12-14-16 Held the first weekend in May
- Gatlinburg Junior Championship for Boys and Girls
- Singles for ages 12-18
- Held July 4th weekend
- Gatlinburg Hard Courts Tennis Championship
- Men and Women Singles, Doubles, and Mixed Doubles
- Divisions: Open, 30 & 35, 40 & 45, 50 &55
- Held the last weekend in August
So remember to give us a call when you decide to vacation in Gatlinburg TN. We have many Gatlinburg cabins that you would enjoy. And don't forget...they are near the Gatlinburg TN Community Center.