For the Halloween enthusiasts who crave the creepy and swoon for the scary, Gatlinburg’s Horror Weekend 2011 is the place to be on October 1st and 2nd. This weekend at the Gatlinburg Convention Center, fans of all things freaky can meet dozens of celebrities from their favorite horror films, check out vendors, participate in costume contests, and go to several themed parties. Stars from some of the best horror films will be on hand to sign autographs, take photos, and answer questions. Here are just a few of the celebrities who will be in attendance:
- Bill Moseley – The Devil’s Rejects, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, Night of the Living Dead
- Margot Kidder – Amityville Horror, Rob Zombie’s Halloween 2
- Ernie Hudson – Ghostbusters 1 & 2, The Crow
- Derek Mears – 2009 reboot of Friday the 13th, Predator, The Hills Have Eyes 2
- Andrew Bryniarski – Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Leatherface)
- Diamond Dallas Page – The Devil’s Rejects
- Hanna Hall – Judith Myers in Halloween, (and Jenny in Forrest Gump)
- Dick Warlock – Halloween
In addition to all the characters from these popular horror movies, there will also be dozens of vendors, such as: artist Mitch Rogers, Hard Rock Café, Dark Fantasy Art, Scream Seeker Magazine, author Fawn Bonning, Dreamland Comics, and many more. On Saturday, there will be a costume contest with DJTRE (the official DJ for Crunk Energy Drink), and Radio Cult will perform live in concert Saturday and Sunday. Admission is $20 a day, or weekend passes can be bought for $30. This will be an awesome weekend for anyone who loves the horror genre or just has star fever!
The show will be held from 10 am to 6 pm on Saturday and 10 am to 5 pm on Sunday. You can find more information by visiting the Gatlinburg Horror Weekend website.