Rainy days and Mondays don’t have to get you down when you’re in the Smokies. With dozens of fun indoor attractions, even the wet weather offers a chance to play. From a world-class aquarium and dinner shows to arcade games and shopping, there is no shortage of things to do on a rainy day in the Smokies.
And while we can’t do anything about the Monday blues when you’re at home, we can say that the thoughts of the upcoming work week will be far away when you’re relaxing at your cabin in the Great Smoky Mountains or playing the day away in downtown Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge.
So as you plan your next vacation to the Smokies, forget about weather worries. Know that you’ll have plenty of things to do on rainy days, and we have a few to get you started…
- Explore underseas at Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies.
- Walk in a passenger’s shoes at the Titanic Museum Attraction.
- Play games and share an Ogle Dog at Fannie Farkle’s in downtown Gatlinburg.
- Get in some laughs at The Comedy Barn.
- Try to avoid the zombies – while you avoid the rain – at Outbreak: Dread the Undead.
- Play pool, foosball, arcade games, and more in a cabin with a rec room.
- Meet some new animal friends at the Rainforest Adventures Discovery Zoo (plenty of animals live inside here).
- Sit back for an awesome show at the Smoky Mountain Opry.
- Start your day off right with music and laughs at the Smith Morning Variety Show.
- Stay dry while twirling around the rink with indoor ice skating at Ober Gatlinburg.
- See how you stack up against the record makers at Ripley’s Guinness World of Records Museum.
- Forget bad weather and splash around in your private indoor pool.
- Take a tour and sip on some wine at Sugarland Cellars Winery.
- Watch the athletes in action at Dolly Parton’s new Lumberjack Adventure dinner show.
- Try to break out of prison at The Escape Game Pigeon Forge at The Island.
- Step out of the rain and into the blacklight miniature golf course at Circus Golf on the Parkway in Gatlinburg.
- Meet and pose with celebrities at the Hollywood Wax Museum.
- Pop some popcorn, grab a soda and some candy, and curl up for a movie in your cozy cabin.
- Take a drive around Cades Cove; you’ll still get some awesome views.
- Wind your way through Ripley’s Marvelous Mirror Maze before filling up a bag at the Candy Factory – perfect for enjoying on a rainy day back at the cabin.
- Check off “go to a zany niche museum” on your bucket list with a stop at The Salt and Pepper Shaker Museum.
- Chow down on a hearty meal while watching talented performers with their incredible horses.
- Grab an umbrella and pop in and out of the stores at the Tanger Outlets in Sevierville.
- Catch one of the many shows at Dollywood if a rain shower puts a pause on your roller coaster riding.
- Play laser tag at the LazerPort Fun Center in Pigeon Forge.
Rainy days in the cabin
Downtown Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge boast lots of rainy day fun, but curling up in your cabin is a great way to pass the time as well. Our cabins feature fully equipped kitchens that are perfect for baking cookies and making your favorite comfort foods on those rainy days in the mountains. They also feature comfortable living rooms where you can play board games and watch TV, soothing hot tubs on covered decks (for soaking no matter the weather), Wi-Fi for some online shopping or catching up on the news, and so many other perks that will make rainy days memorable days.