The Smoky Mountains are an extremely popular destination for weddings. The beautiful scenery and the abundance of entertainment for wedding guests make the smoky Mountains a great destination for weddings. Couples from all over the world come to the Smoky Mountains to pledge their love to each other. The incredible views alone are a huge reason for weddings to be held in the Smoky Mountains.
Planning a Smoky Mountain wedding can be fun but also a little daunting. There are many wedding chapels, vendors, and locations and it can be hard to gather them all into one place and then choose which to go with. Planning weddings can be overwhelming and planning one in the Smoky Mountains is no exception. We thought we could help couples-to-be by providing some helpful lists and tips for planning a wedding in the Smoky Mountains. This article is not all inclusive but it is pretty extensive. We hope you have fun planning your wedding!
Tips for Planning a Smoky Mountain Wedding:
#1- Consider hiring a wedding planner. This one is kind of obvious, but still necessary to say. There are quite a few wedding planners in the Smokies and they have great connections with local vendors that can make your life a whole lot simpler.
#2 – Visit the area before you make the final decisions on vendors and locations. Narrow your choices to a few and then come to town to take a look at the options. Pictures don’t always tell the whole story.
#3- When you come to town to plan, stay in a cabin that is close to downtown in whichever city you are holding your wedding. If you aren’t sure if you will be wed in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge then try to book a cabin that is in between the two for your planning trip. This will help you avoid any unnecessary driving.
#4- When planning your Smoky Mountain wedding, consider doing something unique. There are plenty of chapels in the Smoky Mountains. Instead of going with the usual chapel, look for one with a fantastic view of the Smoky Mountains. Or, consider holding your wedding at a waterfall or on the river.
#5- When planning your Smoky Mountain wedding keep your preferences and guests in mind. If you book during the summer the Smoky Mountains will be packed. Traffic will be heavy on all of the major parkways and lines for all attractions will be long. Think about what is most important for you during your event and keep that in mind when making all of the decisions for your Smoky Mountain wedding.
#6- Use a checklist to plan your wedding. Here’s one we kind of like Ultimate Wedding Checklist
#7- Don’t forget the Marriage License. It can be obtained in three places in the Smokies including the Sevier County Courthouse, the Gatlinburg Shilling Center, and Pigeon Forge City Hall.
Wedding Chapels and Venues in Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and the Smoky Mountains
- The Preacher’s Cabin – Riverside ceremonies 1-800-693-6479
- Smoky Ridge Wedding Chapel – On the mountain, this is a cedar cabin with a garden for outdoor ceremonies. 1-800-893-7274
- Mountain Valley Wedding Chapel– Award winning chapel with gorgeous views for great pictures of your wedding! 1-800-729-4365
- The Lily Barn– Specializes in garden weddings. Lilies don the property and a gazebo is available for weddings as well. 1-800- 448-8697
- Creekside Cove Wedding Chapel- A tiny, rustic wedding chapel resembling the churches in Cades Cove.
- Smoky Mountain Wedding Chapel– Beautiful views and a cute white chapel. 1-888-246-3721
- Angel’s View Wedding Chapel– Amazing views including one from a big window in the front of the chapel. The chapel also has beautiful log work. 1-800-758-6604
- Chapel at the Park– This 5 star chapel has a woodsy view and weddings can be held inside or outside in the park. 1-800-693-6479
- Sampson’s Hollow– This location is near Cade’s Cove. They have great spots for great photographs. 865-387-1234
Smoky Mountain Wedding Catering Services
Chef’s Catering http://www.pigeonforgecatering.com/
Chef Tony Catering http://www.cheftonycatering.com/
River Plantation Catering http://www.riverplantationcatering.com/
Yum! Catering http://www.yumcateringonline.com/
Absolutely Sensational http://www.ascater.com/
Smoky Mountain DJ and Music Services
Smoky Mountain Classical Strings [email protected]
Smoky Mountain Sounds DJ http://www.smokeymountainsounds.com/
Class Act Professional DJ Services http://www.classactdj.info/
Rave on Wave http://www.raveonwave.com/