Gray skies and dreary weather often make a wintertime vacation go from drab to worse. But just because you don’t want to play outside doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your Smoky Mountain vacation! Plenty of activities in Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, and Sevierville will make your winter vacation something to remember—even when the weather is not. For some indoor fun this winter, check out these well-loved attractions and exhibits in the Smokies.
- Magic Beyond Belief — For a magical time, take your group or family to see “Magician of the Year” Darren Romeo for fast-paced, spellbinding fun! Romeo’s show, full of fast-paced surprises and exotic thrills, brings big-city illusions to the little town of Pigeon Forge, making Magic Beyond Belief the largest magic show in the area.
- Dixie Stampede — Looking for something fun for the whole family? Try Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede in Pigeon Forge. With a scrumptious four-course meal and show-stopping entertainment that includes horses, comedy, bluegrass music, and special effects, this is sure to be a crowd-pleasing treat!
- Cooter’s Place — For all things Dukes of Hazzard, come to Cooter’s Place in Gatlinburg! You’ll enjoy Dukes’ merchandise (including autographed memorabilia), special appearances from cast members, music, and more! You can also tour the FREE Dukes of Hazzard Museum and get your picture made in The General Lee.
- Apple Barn — Come visit the original Apple Barn right here in Sevierville, Tennessee. From more than 4,000 apple trees growing on the hillsides of the Smokies, the Apple Barn produces delicious ciders, turnovers, jams, and more! The farm features two family-friendly restaurants—including the Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant, built from a converted 1920s farm—and even an award-winning apple bar winery. It’s one of the most popular stops in the Smokies.
These are just a few of the Smoky Mountain’s favorite indoor activities. For even more ideas, visit our Winter in the Smokies page, and learn how you can make the most of your Smoky Mountain vacation this year.
But we know that some days in the winter make it hard to get out at all. Ice on the roads make for dangerous conditions, and we don’t want you to risk it! Fortunately, if you are staying in one of our premier cabins in the Smokies, even when you’re stuck inside, you’re guaranteed to have hours of endless indoor fun! Each cabin is equipped with unique amenities to please any couple, family, or group.
Imagine the possibilities of:
- Soaking in an outdoor hot tub with a view of a Smoky Mountain river or skyline.
- Watching your favorite DVD in one of our plush home theaters.
- Hosting a pool or air hockey tournament with the family.
- Challenging your friends to a Playstation 3 or Wii U game.
- Enjoying your favorite TV show on one of our big screen TVs.
- Curling up with a new book and a blanket in front of the crackling fireplace
- Swimming in a deluxe indoor heated pool right inside your cabin.
Simply browse our website, and choose the cabin that works best for you. And let the days of boring winter vacations be a thing of the past!